Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Tuesday

 Just really tired today, fell asleep on the bus both ways to work.  Woke up on my way home a young black man (about 20) had fallen asleep next to me his head almost in my lap. I thought it was adorable.  ๐Ÿ˜‚  When he woke up he was mortified. 

I need to figure that out!  

Work was rather taxing a lot of unhappy customers shouting at me.  An example: one man bought a bbq grill, took it home, used it, "Doesn't like the finish on it" and wanted to return it.  Management said hell no. He was very angry about that.  

I took my meds at work on my break and I think they are a factor in me falling asleep on the way home so tomorrow I take them at home, AFTER work with a glass of milk (I can do that). 

I handed out some stuff today.  I use a shared bus stop on the way home a couple of routes go by.  One route, I never take, stops when she sees me so I can give her the candy.  That is fun.  

Today, if you cared ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I did candy with a tract for the drivers.  I also handed out a few New Testaments but not many.  The hat ("Ask me for Free Bibles") is a great weirdo deterrent everyone avoids me.  

Biscuit took over my computer chair while I was talking to my parents.  I couldn't budget him (Mom wanted advice on a gift Bible purchase and I had to get on the desktop) so I hauled his chair away from the desk and am using a chair from my kitchen table.  He's a very stubborn cat.  

Ron's family, and mine, are known for being stubborn. So's the cat. 

That's it for now. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a certain tract you think is most effective or do you use a variety? Do they talk about the Rapture or about salvation in general or both?

Anonymous said...

That is scary that you fell asleep on the bus. What is going on with you?

Anonymous said...

Why are you always getting customers yelling at you? I worked at Walmart decades ago as a cashier and in one of the departments and never had customers yelling at me. Ever. I don't get it. Usually the customer service desk is where complaints are made.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me when my step son bought a tent at Walmart. It came with a broken pole, a bottle of perfume and bag of Doritos rolled up in it.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking how many people will wait for an hour at an appt but can't spend an hour in church. I'm very convicted to quit being lazy with church tv.

Heather Knits said...

I think it was the allergy pill made me fall asleep. It is one of those 24 hour deals. I fell asleep both ways on the bus yesterday; didn't take it today and was fine.

Walmart customers are not what they were. I won't say anything against them as they do pay my bills but they have gotten a lot angrier in the last couple years.

Heather Knits said...

Oh, favorite tracts. First of all go look in my sidebar at "World Missionary Press" - that is ideal tract 300 Bible verses whole Gospel in there.

If you can't do that look in sidebar again at "Grace and Truth". My current favorite tracts are "Debt Paid" and "What is at the bottom of our troubles?" I also like "The Value of Trials" and "The Bible"

Both offer (reasonable) amounts of material free for the asking but Grace and Truth sells them for like a nickel each.

"Are you Ready?" Is a good Grace and Truth tract on the Rapture.