Saturday, May 20, 2023

Handout Update

 I was maxing out my grocery cart with the loads of Bibles so Dad sent me a heavy duty folding cart.  It took me a minute to figure out how to load it this morning.  I told God "You're The Great Engineer You built everything, please help me get this all loaded and stable"  and He did.  

I had about 70 pounds of Bibles on the cart, a case of whole Spanish, a case of KJV whole English, and my tote bag with things like Kid Bibles and small New Testaments.  I also had some New Testaments in bags of candy for my first two drivers. 

I parked in a different spot on the median and I was glad I did because my usual spot had a huge, angry-looking, fire ant mound.  I don't watch where I step so that could have been really bad.  

It was a little slow at first but it picked up.  I gave away all the Spanish first and I had a lot of families Mom or Dad wanted a Spanish and some English for the kids. 

Today it was interesting, poor people in Houston generally have the window down in hot weather because they can't afford an AC in the car or they can't afford to fix it.  So I could talk to the recipients a little. I found it funny, one person would wave me over and ask for a Bible or two, the other cars would hear and see this, see I didn't eat anyone, and ask me for some too. I handed out a lot that way. I gave one guy a couple Spanish Bibles and he drove away, but came back about 5 minutes later asking for another one which of course I provided. 

I was out there for about 90 minutes, 48 Bibles for sure. For people who said they already had a Bible I asked them to pray for "everyone who gets a Bible" and I will ask that of you, too. 

I may have some fun news for you tomorrow but I need to pray on it and seek God's will first. 

My Bibles were donated by a missionary Bible society and boy did they tape those boxes!  I had a heck of a time breaking them down, after!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a box cutter to help with that.

Heather Knits said...

Yeah I'm going to need one,these guys don't play.

Interestingly enough I have 2 different Bible publishers for tomorrow's Handout and both of them are in Tennessee.