Monday, May 29, 2023

ACK! Monday!

 So I am baffled and I will get this over with first.  Apparently someone at work read my last Bible Handout update (the one on the corner not the one yesterday).  She didn't like my "attitude" I don't know what she is talking about - I reread it.  I said if I go in there with a humble servant's attitude I will not have a problem?  That is "an attitude?"  She also didn't like some comments another friend made about some problems she is having with drug dealers and small time meth cookers (I think) who moved into her neighborhood even though odds are very high everyone is white. So I don't get it.  

I did write this today and put it up because I think it bears stating: 

"Why do I go to the ghetto and hand out Bibles? Rapper Coolio covers it pretty well "They say I gotta learn, but nobody's here to teach me

If they can't understand it, how can they reach me
I guess they can't, I guess they won't
I guess they front, that's why I know my life is out of luck, fool"

I am utterly outraged that two of my best handout spots are literally ON THE DOORSTEP OF A NICE CHURCH. They stay in their walls nice and cozy while souls die and go to hell right on their doorstep. That is a SIN.

I know people are hurting out there without God; they have none of what has carried me through a pretty awful life. I see them suffering. No one is going. To quote Isaiah "I'll go, send me" I told God and He did.

I love my recipients like my own children, pray for them and worry about them. I may be the only person who does, from the cop who told me "A Bible never runs out of bullets" to the MS-13 gang member who wondered if I'd give *him* a Bible (of course I did). You know I love cats, twice now, 10 years apart, I walked away from a starving kitten in need (with Biscuit and Gravy, two) so I could go serve the recipients. Of course I helped Biscuit and Gravy when I got back and saw they still needed me, but the other cat I won't know. And I am OK with that because the recipients are literally the most important thing in my life.

That's all."

I had a rough start in life, married an abusive alcoholic, married to him for 30 years  A for instance I was thinking how he controlled all the money until the Alzheimer's kicked in and he couldn't pay the bills anymore. God got me through that.  God gets me through working at Walmart (today was rough).  He carries me through my depressions... I could go on and on and I probably will, in heaven.  

I want people to have what I do, that's all.  The devil has told this woman lies and distorted her view of me. There isn't much I can do except pray for her but I knew I was in trouble when I got a text that said "I'm not mad but"  

Anyway enough about that.  

So today on the bus was nuts EVERYONE on both routes to work was arguing with the driver, refusing to pay, copping attitude, etc. The drivers were very frustrated. 

I got to work and the store was packed and everyone was in a really bad mood (customers) cursing me out.  ALL.  DAY.  LONG. ALL. OF. THEM.  It was awful.  I got through it and had a pretty uneventful ride home.  

I have had one driver consistently refuse "candy" (I offer, he says no, I smile and put it away, the JW's taught me to take no for an answer in my own evangelism),but today he agreed he would take one of those mylar pouches of chicken. So I'll get one tomorrow. 

I need to call my parents,more later.   

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you didn't tell anyone at work about your blog.

Heather Knits said...

I didn't, this came off the Facebook (duplicate post). She basically felt I had been racist and looking down on my recipients which of course I do not. If I really felt that way I wouldn't put myself out trying to get them reached.

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I went back and read the post and tried to read it as though I had never read your blog, so I could see only what she read. I just don't see where she got the impression that you were racist. I don't know anything about Houston so I don't know the neighborhoods you mention, but I assume each neighborhood is known for it's demographics. Maybe she was offended based on her own biases?

In my opinion, people have become very eager to be offended especially when race is involved. Very touchy. Very over-reactive. It's a shame.

Heather Knits said...

The neighborhoods I go to are primarily poor and black? She will either get over it or she won't.