Saturday, May 6, 2023

Some more about the Handout

 As I've stated we have JW's at my bus stop every weekend and today was no different.  It doesn't make sense from a logistical standpoint, the spot I use would be much better. Also they stand on the sidewalk with the literature display; there is VERY little foot traffic and a car that wants material will have to pull into the subdivision, stop, and walk back. 

I stand on the median and people can just reach out the window, it has worked for 13 years so not inclined to stop it now. 

I saw them again and they informed me the bus had literally just left, so I had a half an hour to wait. There were about 5 of them total, they rotated in and out. I found that interesting, whenever I had a helper we both went for it the whole duration.  But they do dress up for it and I was pretty casual.  

We chatted a little, they wanted to know did I plan to set up at the bus stop?  They were very close to the pole this time. I said no and told them where I was going.  

They asked about the Handouts and I told them including the story of how Ron got saved by stealing a Bible.  I did not tell them he used to talk to the JW's in CA and was given a braille copy of "You can live forever in Paradise on Earth".  Which he kept. I mainly talked to one man and we talked about things we did have in common, how it is hard to do evangelism, etc. Then he went to his car and his wife showed up and I told her how I saved Biscuit at the very stop, and we talked about pets. I told her about a local Spay and Neuter clinic she was very eager to hear about. 

Then the bus came and I did the Handout. When I do a Handout I always save several Bibles because there is ALWAYS  someone afterward who wants one.  I had the two ladies at the grocery store of course and then I got on my bus to go home, there was a black man on the bus, dressed for summer with sandals, tattoos, dreadlocks.  And I just KNEW he wanted a Bible so I gave him one, and he took it with a big grin. That was very fun. 

Happily 99% of the time on a Handout I see everyone as God's children without judging.  I think that is vital to any success I will have working on God's behalf. The work doesn't save me, God does.  I just hate to think about suffering people without Him. 

That's it for now.  Headache is better. 

No comments: