Tuesday, May 9, 2023

The TMI post

 You don't want to read this if you're squeamish.  

So I am transitioning to menopause.  Part of that is I never know when I will get a period so I wear a menstrual cup every day. I take it out 2x a day, wash it, reinsert, take it out and boil it once a week, let it air out for a week and use another one the next week. I have done this for a couple of months with no problem, and, lately,I have had everything from nothing to a moderate flow so I'm glad I use it. 

The trick with a cup you want to just barely get it in there. Last night I apparently shoved it halfway to Kingdom Come.  This morning I could not get it out. 

The websites say get your lover to help. I don't have a lover. Get a close female friend or relative to help.I don't know anyone that well. My only other option was going to see a gynecologist. Can you imagine that phone call with the appointment setter?  

So I sat on the toilet and tried that, my usual method. Did not work. I put my foot up on the side of the tub and that did not work.  I"m getting worried now.  I try getting it out in the shower and I managed to move it "closer" but not there yet. 

Then I tried all sorts of odd positions lying down in bed and that did not work. I tried the toilet again, straining and pushing with all my might as I bent my wrist in an unnatural position trying to get the damned thing out. And I got it. 

Then I washed it out and put it back in,a lot more carefully this time. 

That's it for now. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it happens again and you can't get it, urgent care can retrieve it for you. No referrals needed, just pay your co-pay. Nothing to be embarrassed about. It happens.

Heather Knits said...

Well I plan to be a lot more careful about placement. LOL