Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Catching up the last few days

 Work has been alright except for another associate dumping work on me.  I got in trouble yesterday because I had not been able to do that in addition to my "real" work so I was a little irked about that. They hire these young kids who do nothing but gossip and talk on their cell phone constantly and then I have to clean up their messes. I don't think that's fair but is it MAJOR?  No.  

And, when lecturing me, my boss (for the first time) said "You are a hard worker and a very nice person but..." but she has never prefaced anything with a compliment first just gone straight to the criticism.  So she is trying, I think.  I don't envy her one bit, I think my job is bad...

Transportation has been fine.  I have been mixing up what I give the drivers.  Candy every day, one day with New Testaments, one day with Scripture booklets. I did a small Bible Handout yesterday at the transit center.  No one came running up to chase me off so I was right that I can do that.  

I had stuff I had bought with my own money.  So when an older black man came up and asked for "whatever I could spare I know some people..." I was able to give him everything I had left.  He knows people I don't; can go where I can't.  Plus God gave me a Yes on that.  He had a little boy with him. 

It started raining after I gave him the material (some Bible studies on John and a half dozen or so New Testaments, I couldn't bring a lot because it had to go to work first) so I went to"my" bus shelter and waited, he came with me and the little boy, who had a Bible name.  The man looked up schedules on his cell phone while the little boy came over with his truck and wanted to play with me.  

Normally I am uncomfortable interacting with little kids but he was cute and God gave me a Yes on that too so we played with the truck until my bus came.  My driver was a pretty cranky fellow who shouted at customers, honked his horn a lot, etc.  I was glad I had given him a Scripture booklet.  

And I had the poor Latina lady again.  Monday a Latina lady got off at my home bus stop and was completely freaked out that I got off, too, and "followed" her. I was just going home; she didn't see that.  She was freaked out enough she took a later bus yesterday but so did I due to the Bible handout.  So she was really freaked out looking over her shoulder.  I am a white middle aged lady.  I can't imagine what she would have done if I'd been a young Black man. 

She needs to get better at threat assessment.  A middle aged white lady who is cleanly dressed is not likely to be a a threat.  My hair was clean and styled, my clothes were fresh that morning, etc.  I was wearing Sketchers which are not cheap, either. At least not to me.  

Oh and a hair pic.  I had someone take a a photo in the breakroom.  It had been hours since I had done it up so it's a little unraveled but you get the idea.  It has been working for me, I may keep doing this. The only minus I can see there is a weird white lady at work.  She likes to tell me about her dog's digestive upset and her family sounds completely dysfunctional.  A couple years ago her very large adult autistic son came into the store, pitched a fit, and destroyed a display.  They had to throw him out; and she keeps bringing him into the store. Anyway this lady also wears her hair in a similar braid and I don't want people to think I am emulating her.  


I am glad I don't have a big bald patch I was worried about that. But it is out of the way, it worked really well on the Handouts so I carried it over.  Only minus the end does flip around and smack me on the side of the face when I bend over.  But it's working for now.  

I got home OK (rain dried up pretty quick), went to bed early, slept alright except for waking up a few times.  I had the cats with me which is always a bonus.  

I got paid today so I plan to do my "heavy" shopping after work and get a ride home.  I am thinking about getting some posterboard so I can make a Free Bibles sign in Spanish. I got some wide tip markers the other day at work so I can do that I just need the board. And I want to get a gallon of milk, some bread, etc. stuff that doesn't ride well on the bus. 

I need to call my cab guy and get that set up when I get to work.  

I have my candy done up getting to work at least, and 1-2 for the ride home. The cab driver has encouraged me to give his teen boys the candy + scripture booklets.  

That's it for now!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does your break room look so nice but the walmart bathrooms usually disgusting. Lol

Heather Knits said...

Breakroom is FULL of roaches even with Ecolab coming out periodically.

"Nice" is a relative term LOL