Saturday, May 20, 2023

Very early Saturday

 Work was OK.  I think my coworkers felt less resentful about my schedule seeing I was there Friday night.  It was pretty uneventful just the way I like it.  

I didn't mention I had the weekend off but when a coworker asked if she would see me Monday I said yes.  My cab driver buddy got me tonight; he is happily married and has NEVER expressed any interest in anything beyond a candy bar, so I bought him said candy bar and a cold Dr Pepper (his favorite) on my way out.  Of course I paid him, too.  He is getting me next Friday, too. I also got another color of the lacy underwear I like and made sure to put that one in my Bible bag after I rang it up as I did NOT want to give that to him by accident!  

My adoptive/step mother has a family history going back through her Dad, of firefighting going back over 150 years.  None of my generation were interested aside from her oldest boy, who only did it for a while.  But his oldest was very interested, did the paramedic-to-fireman route and just graduated from the fire academy to become a full fledged firefighter in his town last night so I did NOT speak to Mom and Dad.  My aunt was in bed by the time I got home as well so I just went to bed with the cats. 

I slept well for about, oh wow only 4 hours and woke up at 2:30.  I laid in bed for over half an hour praying about recipients, thanking God for good things in my life, etc.  I finally got up for a while. 

I guess I can check my schedule.  Same thing as the next couple weeks.  

When I got home I saw all 3 cats on the porch.  My friend started laughing and said something, when I got out, Biscuit ran up yelling at me.  It was pretty funny. He's used to me getting off at 4, home at 6, so to him I was "late".  But he did sleep with me when I went to bed.  

I am up boiling my menstrual cup for next week.  The house is as cool as it's going to get so now's a good time to do it.  And the cup has come in handy a few times the last month or so. One day I had a full blown flow and other days I had spotting but it didn't matter because I had been using the cup.  I plan to use the cup until I've gone 1-2 years without anything. 

When I started my cycle was very irregular, and heavy, so I never knew when it was coming, but when it did come it always came hard with torrential bleeding.  I believe I was pretty anemic much of my teen years.  I got sick of that so I really like the cup every day. No drama. 

But first I have to get it boiled. I boil once a week and then wash with plain soap every night when I take it out.  I have been doing this for months with no issue.  I also have 2 cups and rotate one a week. 

It works.  I put this out there because I have some readers my age and this is a good fix if you have erratic cycles like I do.  I had a cycle in January, very light spotting in Feb, nothing until early May.  But it didn't matter; the day I did have a flow the cup was there to catch it. I usually wear a cloth pad with (a light one) just in the unlikely event I have a leak.  I can also have light bladder issues if I am coughing a lot and allergens have been bad lately. It works for me.  

This is a process and will take a while.  I am OK with that it gives me more time to lose weight. And I forgot to weigh myself this morning. 

So I need to do my Bible study, shower, eat, get the cart set up to go, and go do my Handout. I don't plan to go early as people naturally want to sleep in on Saturday.  

But that's it for now. 

No comments: