Sunday, May 21, 2023

So I got a PM

 From a lady I have known a while on Facebook.  Without letting too many details out I admire her as she went out of her way (it was a long process) to adopt a disabled child of another race. 

She asked if she could help buy Bibles, which is great as I am going through a lot of late. I just feel like time is short and I have to get them out as quick as I can...anyway.  

She got me thinking about the kinds of sponsors I have had over the years.  There were the people who just wanted to mail me a check and read my reports on the Handouts. There were people (like Eric, who actually met us) who got my mailing address, picked out Bibles, and mailed them to my home.  I suggested this route for my friend as I think she will have fun "shopping" and that way she can tailor to her budget.  I have another sponsor doing this as well but I think I may need more than one at the rate God has me going! 

Then I had the Go Fund Me for a while and people REALLY liked that, I just bought whatever I needed (and was able to get some nicer Bibles as well) with that. 

I am not asking for sponsors but if you ship me a case of Bibles I will definitely hand it out!  

If you are looking to hand out Bibles I REALLY like these: affordable, compact, whole New Testament, readable translation, appealing cover.  The Invitation

Twice in my life I was gifted a Bible.  Once at church they had a little ceremony for "graduating" third graders who could  read, they called us up front by name and presented us with very nice whole Bibles with gilt edges and fake leather padded covers. I still have it. I wish all my recipients could get a Bible like that.  

The second time I was a highly depressed teenager and a Gideon gave me a nice little New Testament with some study helps in it, in a lurid shade or orange, when I was leaving school one day.  If I see the little Gideon Bibles at a thrift shop I always pick them up and, if usable, hand them out again. 

That's it for now.  

No comments: