Saturday, May 13, 2023

Friday night special on my bus

 I slept in until 7:30 this morning. 

Last night the bus was pretty packed.  I am particular, I like 2 seats next to the button to signal for a stop so I sat in the back. 

There was a young man (black) and an old man (white) in the front. The young man was manic and aggressive with it trash talking a lot and very restless.  The old man asked him to stop as the young man was apparently cursing at him.  The young man did not, so the old man got up and moved to the seat behind me. 

When the young man got to his stop he rang the bell and then came back.  I knew this would not be good. He trash talked some more, the old man said "Leave me alone!" and the young man began beating him.  I move over to get out of the way because I don't know what's going on.  A large black man gets up from the front of the bus and pulls the manic guy off the old man and he leaves. 

I did not use my stun gun because the big guy had it handled. The driver asked the passenger if he wanted to file a report and press charges but he said "No he is a [wimp]".  I am with the passenger who yelled "Send his ass to jail!" because you don't need someone like that roaming the streets.  

This was an OLD man who did nothing to provoke the young man. 

In the meantime I was handing out my Bibles along the way. 

What a night. 

I will be running a few errands shortly. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, he probably wouldn't go to jail even if the old man did press charges. The obviously unstable seem to be everywhere. Thank God there was a man willing and able to intervene. I hope the old man is ok.

Heather Knits said...

He was fine he was just angry and embarrassed of course.