Thursday, May 4, 2023

Thursday morning

 Well it's been a good week for handing out candy which makes me happy. Yesterday there was an obviously (I am not good at picking out drunks but this guy was obvious) drunk man reading a Bible on the bus yesterday.  I hope he can get what he needs to kick that demon as it was, I felt, a terrible witness.  I was "sneaky" about handing out the candy as I did not want to attract his attention.  

And, yet again, it's a white guy.  It's always a white guy.  I am not at all scared of the black, latino, the few asians I see but I do worry about the whites. 

I saw my buddy again, the slower minded black guy about my age. He has a good heart. I moved so he could sit with me, I never do that, but the bus was full and he looked so baffled. He wasn't going far, either. He had the allergy cough,too. 

I missed my connection so I had to wait an extra half hour at a very busy stop serviced by several routes.  I stood there, as I saw a bus I would hold up a bag of candy. Some changed lanes ๐Ÿ˜‚ to get away from me.  Some stopped and got the candy.  One guy I was sitting and did not get up as he approached but he still came up, stopped, opened his door so I got up and gave him candy.  He said something like "There it is!" so he was looking for me. ๐Ÿ˜‚  All of this comes with a very nice booklet on how to know Jesus.  Link  The booklet is free of course but I try to throw some $$$ their way when I can. 

I have actually thought how I would like to bless them if I did win the lotto,like increase wages at the facility.  I think that would be awesome. They all make the same wage which isn't much, last I heard $11 an hour?   I would love to raise that. 

Anyway I feel good about what I'm doing although I am having a problem with the cheap reusable (the fun ones with the designs on them) totes available at my self check.  The weight of the candy keeps breaking the bags (where the strap meets bag). I have gone through 2 bags in a week. Obviously I am not going to reduce the candy so I found an old black backpack with yellow trim I am going to use. I went through all my stuff again and have my rain jacket (may rain today), safety vest (if I have to ride the bus at night) so just bare bones stuff now.Hopefully there will be enough room to cram the candy in there in addition to the stuff. 

My parents said they would get me a new handcart so that will be nice but I don't know when/if it's coming. For now I plan to do a Bible Handout this weekend and just use my grocery cart for that. I should be OK if I only bring 2 cases of Bibles and I have some very nice KJV ones.  

Biscuit is snoring on the back of the couch,it's too early for him.  

I got pretty sick.  I took allergy meds, sinus meds, antidepressant and instant energy drink.  Sick sick sick.  I had to lay down for a while.  Biscuit and Spotty lay on me until I felt better.   

All ready to go we will see how it goes today (long day but at least I get paid for it).  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine the people Jesus healed. It's hard not to judge.

Anonymous said...

Hebrews 13:2-4
King James Version
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

3 Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.

Heather Knits said...

I have a lot of issues with alcohol. The worst abuse, and neglect, I suffered as a result of alcoholics partaking. God will work with me on that.