Thursday, May 25, 2023

I went to bed early

 And slept about 6 hours, up again.  When I woke up I really had to pee so maybe that woke me up?  I don't know.  

I need to figure out an eating plan I have been cheating a lot and I don't want to gain anymore.  I am not really up any sizes but I want to keep it that way. Atkins says keep it around 40 grams of carbs if you have less than 40 pounds to lose so that seems like a good start.  

I went with a 12% carbs (about 48 grams), 25% protein, 63% fat plan with Carb Manager.  I don't blame the app for my weight gain it's me.  I use food as a tranquilizer and a reward.  

I set up my shoes.  I bought 2 identical black pair sneakers.  Mens 10 W four EEEE.  Very comfortable and I couldn't beat the price of $17 plus my discount. I got some Air Plus Blue gel insoles with it.  You can get the insoles at Walmart on the foot care aisle for about $6 (plus my discount) so for about $20 I had a really nice set of shoes.  The last time I bought work shoes I was spending $80 a pair and I can't afford that if they're only going to last 6-8 months.  And I wasn't even wearing them every day, very disappointing.  

So I had to cut off all the tags and stuff, they were laced up OK.  Then trim the insoles to fit a size 10 men's shoe, did that.  Put the insoles in the shoe and try it out, it's good.  Then how to tell the shoes apart?  I like to wear my work shoes every other day.  So I went looking for my safety pins I figured I would put a small pin on each of one pair shoes and then I could tell them apart.  

Ron once went shopping for shoes and liked one particular model; so he bought one pair each in white and black.  He used to leave for work before I got up when he worked in San Francisco and one day he called me from work.  The shoes felt identical so he had worn one white and one black shoe to work.  He was very embarrassed. 

I found a small plastic storage box, opened it, and found my "old" collection of menstrual cups including my very first one.  I had two in a design I no longer like it is too long and uncomfortable although it looks to have a good capacity.  I figure some woman will find it and love it during the tribulation.  I had a Diva Cup in there which looks good and I will put that into rotation, and my first cup which is a softer purple silicone that has a smaller capacity.  

I really like this brand for a couple of reasons, it does the job, is comfortable, doesn't leak, holds up well.  It is also literally 10% of what the other guys charge for one item and you get two so you are paying 5% what most are charging retail.  I like the large but everyone's different.  I have a couple different ones.  They seem to be very popular on Amazon as well which makes me happy.  A good product should make a lot of money for the manufacturer.  

I will go boil the Diva Cup I can't remember the last time I washed it. It has been in it's bag, in a sealed box, for years but still...

Anyway I found the pins and "marked"my shoes.  No one ever looks at my feet and if they do I don't care if they see a safety pin on each shoe.  If they ask I will tell them why. I know I personally never notice anyone's feet unless they are wearing a very loud colored sneaker or their shoes are falling apart.  

I am doing a little bit of laundry while I am up anyway.  It's not fun to get off for the week and face a pile of laundry as I'm sure you know.  Better to get that over with.  I figure, I'm up anyway. 

I think I will go listen to "Insomniac" by Trip Lee and go back to bed for a while.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great deal on the shoes. I hope they are comfortable and last for a while. Shoes can be so expensive, especially in wide widths.