Friday, May 19, 2023

I did not sleep well

 The news about Beau threw me for a loop.  I was interested in him; he had a bad heart. What is it with me and men with bad hearts?  

Very glad, as I said before, that I am saved and we never did anything physical. Can you imagine if he had a heart attack and died in my bed?  The Medical Examiner would go nuts.  Heather the Black Widow.  No thanks.  

Not to mention I do care about him and I feel bad that he is going through this.  But I don't think I will see him again as his job was pretty physical. 

I really crave a man who can go on Bible Handouts with me and that means he has to be able to run up and down a median carrying Bibles, pick up Bibles and put them in the car, etc. I could work with a guy who had a physical issue or two but a bad heart is kind of a deal killer.  

I could work with something like CP, pre existing stroke (not the toothless white man though), missing leg or something but I am not interested in another blind man. 

So all this swirling around in my head last night. 

I have also been giving thought to where I will do my next Bible Handout.  I want to go to DeSoto and Antoine I did that a lot in the past, it is a really horrible neighborhood.  But for now I am getting a No on that so I will go to my "new" usual spot Saturday I guess.  

I also want to go over by Greenspoint that is also a terrible area but they are doing road work on the corner I liked to use.  But I am going to CLAIM that the minute it opens up!  The area just keeps getting worse and worse. 

I prefer to go to a really bad area as they are positively STARVING for the Word.  A nicer neighborhood they all think they don't need God and I get lectured.  They try to give me money in a dismissive fashion. I have been to some really nice areas but was "lucky" to do about 20 Bibles in a 2 hour period which is really bad for me. 

One notable handout I did 120 Bibles in half an hour. God did all the work, I just went. Ron was with me and he was blown away.  But I think Ron's favorite handout will always be the first one where a guy rode up on a horse that whiffed at Ron's hair and he (the man on the horse) wanted a couple of Bibles. Then they (there was another man) rode away clopping hooves fading off into the distance. 

I found some more signs in the garage I want to check those out this morning as my current sign is pretty battered.  It does the job,though.  

I found a better one with "God Loves You" written under the "Free Bibles" portion.  A man at the Post Office made me a solid sign which would be very nice to take in a car but impossible to get on a bus.  I said Thank You anyway though. The laminated poster board works pretty well for me now. 

It has to fit on a handcart, whatever it is.  I mean, maybe I WILL meet a fantastic guy born again feels as strongly as I do about evangelism and can drive me to Handouts, but odds are he will have to work at times and I will still need to go by myself.   

I have 6 English New Testaments today, a couple of Spanish, a couple kid New Testaments (written at a second grade reading level), and a few Bible Promise books as the guy yesterday really liked his.  I will be wearing my hat. 

A note about the kid New Testaments.  I gave one to a paratransit driver and she took it home and read it, kept it for herself and kept asking for another "for her daughter, because this is the only Bible I can read" and I had a little thought or two about the fact we were putting our safety in the hands of someone who read at a second grade level.  We had her regularly for a while (and yes of course I gave her a second one).  

If I had to guess I would say the schools are very bad these days if that is what they are turning out (I asked on another occasion if she graduated high school and she said yes).   I remember classes I had when I was in the hospital for depression and they had us read a Dickens book and then watch the movie, before we had the test.  Like we were too stupid to pick it up from the book. 

It is graduation season. I had two families come by from a Christian school yesterday, the kids wore monogrammed polo shirts.  Both mothers (separate occasions) behaved very immaturely in a way that really was a bad witness especially if your kid is walking around in a shirt with the school name.  And that, I told my Hindu co worker (after they left) is why I don't wear a cross I don't want to embarrass Jesus if I lose my temper one day. 

That's it for now. More, probably, later. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The average American adult reads at about the seventh grade level. I volunteered teaching adult literacy for many years. I absolutely applaud you for giving out items that can be read by people with below average reading skills. I bet that driver read it over and over.

Anonymous said...

Lots of people being diagnosed with myocarditis after the vax. It's all over the news.

Heather Knits said...

All I've got he told me personally he would be back in a month or two but didn't sound sure of it. It just goes to show I would be foolish to chase after apparently healthy men.