Saturday, May 27, 2023

Saturday morning

 I have had one ongoing regret at work when I have found cute clearance jeans and didn't buy them.  

It looks like my goal size is going to be about 14.  So when I found several cute jeans in a 14 I had a look on my break.  I got a really nice 90's type wash in black, and a flare leg in blue, a flare leg in black (it is really hard to find a black flare leg).  No "destruction" which I am too old to find appealing, when I see jeans like that I remember my Dad's old yard work jeans. $5 each so I got them.  

Even with a ride I had a hard time stuffing them in a bag and getting them home, because I like the hanger.  So I have a decent amount of size smaller/14's now.  I did clean eating yesterday.  

I was hungry and craving something bad before I started work so I bought a pound of lunch meat and some sliced cheese and had THAT for a snack.  And my weight is down today so it was the right call.  I am at about 190.6 today I had gotten up to 193.  

I need to be very strict about cheats.  I am thinking to only have a cheat when I do a Bible Handout.  I also got more sliced cheese so I can make more sandwiches. I use the high fiber "keto" bread which is just fiber and 3 carbs after that, no funny business on the label like the frankenfoods. 

Work was fine. I was even kidding around a little with my boss.  I asked her if she wanted me to take something to the back.  She asked if I WANTED to. I told her "I'll do it for you!" with a grin and she liked that.  

I need to get ready for the Bible Handout. I did my Bible study.  

It's very important for me that I purge out all the pride before I go out there; God's not going to bless anything if I go out with a haughty spirit saying "God is lucky to have me doing His work".  That will end badly.  

I want to go out there with a soft and loving heart wanting to share the wonderful gift I have in Him, with people living in hard times. I want to take the right material and exist in His will, not mine.  I can't do anything on my own. I'm a flawed sinner. But I have Someone and I want to share Him. 

I need to go out like that; that's vital, especially as pride comes along because it IS such a bad area. "I'm the only one who will go" and other nonsense like that. God can raise up anyone to evangelize that area. I am completely replaceable.  I ask God to help me with this. 

And, having asked, it's done so I need to go take my shower.  

 Almost done.  I asked God to keep me humble today and one of my cases of Bibles is stuck in my cart at a crooked angle.  That'll do it!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to head over to my local Wal-Mart and check out the clearance. $5 for jeans is more than most thrift stores charge now.

Heather Knits said...

Yes, ask for the Time and Tru clearance jeans and the apparel associate should be able to help.