Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Sorry I didn't post last night but I was beat

 So I took the bus to work for the first time in several months and it worked out OK. The last bus was pretty empty actually. I got to work, clocked in OK, and started work.  

I had been worried a boss might be upset at me but as it turns out no one was. So that was a relief.  I did my job pretty well. 

I was going to take my break at 3:30 after the meeting but they never called it. So I took my break at 4:10 and they called the meeting right after I had bought a nice pair of clearance jeans. 



So I carried the jeans back to where they had the meeting and my boss asked about them.  I explained.  She said I should have put them in a bag and I told her they were about to go in MY bag when they called the meeting, I would like to do that, grab my piece of cheese and come back and I would call my break done.  She said something about the hanger but I told her I like the hangers so she said I could keep it (it was on a hanger for sale).  So I did that, came back to the meeting with my Diet Mountain Dew and my piece of cheese and ate the cheese during the meeting to much teasing.  But I was fine with that it was delicious.  

I gave one of my Dews to a fellow Diet Dew lover (he is into black women so I don't need to worry about what message I might be sending),  I had what I call a sausage bowl just cooked sausage with a handful of shredded cheese, for breakfast, then had a sandwich for lunch with keto bread, then the cheese, and I was fine.  

I will do that the next couple weeks. 

So I finished work and left with my bag of Bibles (the black and white bag you see in the photos), and carrying the black and yellow backpack.  The sky looked very ominous but I can't afford another ride so I went ahead and ran for the bus stop, made it.  

The rain started most of the way to my transfer point and by the time I got off the bus it was coming down in buckets.  I had my rain coat and I was really glad the Bibles were in ziplocks.  I stood there in the shelter which is right next to the street, of course. I would pop my head out occasionally to search for my bus which they said would come in about 15 minutes. 

I'm going to assume you drive, here.  You know when it rains the gutter fills up with a lot of water in a heavy rain?  So you can't really drive in the lane closest to the curb without sending up sheets of water all over whoever is standing on the sidewalk?  

Yeah.  I had a couple of them just couldn't wait to drench us. There was another lady with me, a heavier set Hispanic lady clad in a t shirt and jeans, she got so soaked you could see her bra under her shirt. I had my jacket so my electronics (stun gun and cell phone) were OK but I was drenched pretty much from hips to feet.  I kept thinking this would be miserable in the winter. 

We were waiting on the same bus.  But it is a shared stop with several buses coming by so if I see the "wrong" bus I hold up the bag with the candy and New Testament up so the driver can see it and if they want it they stop. Plenty of them change lanes to get away from me,though. 😂  But some stop, I tell them "I'm not riding I just want to give you this" and hand it over.  Some of them just automatically shut the door when I get on and I have to ask them to open the door again.  I always find that one funny. Most of the drivers are utterly shocked I am doing this but it is a good way to get some more people. 

I have been told the drivers do talk about me so at least some of them presumably know they are stopping for the "Candy Lady" as I am called. 

And speaking of candy I need to buy more. I am doing a load of clothes real quick once I get them into the dryer (plan to dry later) I will head out.  

That's if for now; the cats are well.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just because things are on clearance doesn't mean you have to buy them. You have plenty of clothes and your weight is still fluctuating. Might be time to stop spending money and just focus on getting your weight at a steady maintenance and then consider buying more clothing.

Anonymous said...

What's so scary about a nice lady handing out candy and bibles that would cause someone to change lanes to get away from her lol ;)
People are silly.

Heather Knits said...

Bible says the Word of God is a sharp sword...they know it will convict them! Sin will be named and God will get to working on the old heart....

One time I had a white lady about my age really hesitating about getting a Bible. God led me what to say 'If you take the Bible you don't have to do this (stand on the corner and hand out Bibles)" She said "Oh, OK" and took it.

But just for the record I NEVER EVER think I am better than anyone out there, even that creepy homeless dude, I am a liar, a fornicator, a gossip, lazy, a murderer in my heart...I could go on.

I just have this thing (a Bible and probably a tract in it) that will get YOU a great relationship with Him as well.

Anonymous said...

Heather has lots of thrift store clothes. I would never begrudge a person to have something new. And what a bargain shopper she is. Give her a break.