Saturday, May 13, 2023

Well the internet ate my other post

 I left the house with my cart "set up" about 15 or so Bibles, the cart, the sign, me in the "Ask for Free Bibles" hat.  


I handed out several Bibles today as a result, some of which I detailed in the other post. The drivers all took them, too. 

The day was pretty uneventful, I felt I should ride down and cross rather than just cross at the subdivision, because I did that I was able to "catch" a driver I had been dancing with for months and finally get something in his hands (other post).  I was pleased about that.  

I didn't ride up to the end and come back, I am pretty confident about crossing the street up by the grocery store now so I did that.  A couple people double taked at my sign but I was obviously shopping putting stuff in the top box. 

I bought my salad greens, cheese, drink mix, and candy.  I left and just missed a bus. 

I sat down and at the 50 cent bag of chips I had bought at the store and drank some diet soda I had also bought. I saw a man across the street, he was a white man, deeply tanned in the manner of a homeless person (not even like a tanning bed), wild hair, flushed red complexion. 

He saw the sign and came over.  "Great" I thought "He wants a Bible".  Sometimes people pose theological questions and the answer is pretty much always the same "Because we moved away from God" and he asked me why things were so bad in the world.  "Because we moved away from God, we are in the End Times and time is very short before the Rapture.  Would you like a Bible?"  He waved me off and started on a racist tirade. 

He was not sane. And I'm stuck at the bus stop with him going off on all races.  Thinking I was married to a Black man for 29 years and wondering what he would say to that. 

I saw the bus coming and told him. I also told him he had better tone it down, because "They are on that bus"  He got on right after me but kept the ranting and raving down at least to my stop. 

I got off and a woman was running for the bus, I turned and asked the driver to hold it, he nodded and I told her it was OK he would wait.  She sighed with relief and I turned to look behind me, convinced the maniac had gotten off to follow me home. He had not. 

I went home. 

But it's always the mentally ill white man that is a problem for me.  One time a mentally ill white woman. But the other races never cause me a speck of trouble, ever. They are more likely to bring me a cold drink on a Bible Handout.  

Now I'm done for a while.  


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The world has always been a terrible place. It was created that way. Mental defects are the cause of evil and that is based on a genetic lottery.

The only plus for you is they have medications. Imagine 100 or 200 years ago what you and your life would have been like with untreated mental illness.

Have you ever researched what life was like for people in the victorian era or other times? Pure hell. We are living in the best possible time if you live in the USA that is.

Anonymous said...

You weren't stuck at the bus stop with him. You stayed there with an unpredictable ranting man instead of moving away from him. Move away toward the most populated outdoor or public indoor space nearby and reassess your options. Don't leave yourself open to further or escalating abuseactive.

Anonymous said...

No it WASN'T. Creation was perfect. Maybe Heather can send you a Bible.

Heather Knits said...

I figured he would follow me if I left. I wanted to get home quick and I get resentful at lunatics dictating where and when I go.

Creation was perfect, man said "We don't need God anymore" and it degraded from there.

Anonymous said...

Good and evil have always existed. It is in the bible for pete's sake.

Genesis 3:22
Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—”

So evil has always existed. How is that possible? What kind of evil exists and existed in the spiritual realm?

Man was perfect in that it had no evil in him. But God decided to test this innocent babe and allow the devil to roam in the garden to tempt and tempt both Adam and Eve until one finally gave into temptation.

So who exactly is evil in this story?

Adam and Eve were basically like a one or two year old child. They would have had no concept of rebellion or defying God or anyone else.