Monday, May 22, 2023

Monday morning

 I had a terrible time falling asleep last night and woke up twice. I just asked God to give me enough rest and I feel He did.  

I am a little worried about those dogs 1 dog of a friendly breed I don't worry about but I do worry about pit bulls and chows.  That said my father in law had shepherd/chow mixes.  They were very sweet with us but vicious with intruders. They had good memories, too. One time we came to visit his parents and they were out of town.  

We had been there 6 months previously.  Ron had a key so I said let's "try" to get in the house.  And they let us.  But when a salesman came by they did the Cujo routine. I just wonder things like how hungry are they. 

I had food on my cart as well, yesterday, and I'm sure they smelled it. Anyway, God is on the throne so I am not going to make myself bald over this.  

I am going to take a shower.  I had a very nice sleep with the cats. I did get a little cool but I had the quilt right there so I could just reach over and pull it on top. 

I have had some problems on Bible Handouts with my hair. I wear the baseball cap "Ask me for Free Bibles" so I couldn't put up my hair, I had it in a ponytail a few weeks running.  One very hot day the ponytail wrapped itself around my neck like some kind of hideous fur scarf. I kept yanking it off. Other times it would get under the strap of my bag and pull.  So yesterday I braided it (I never braid my hair) and it worked very well.  I just know how to do the very basic "over, under" plait nothing fancy like a French braid or anything. But it kept my hair out of the way and looking decent. 

I may do that again, today. But first I need to take my shower.  Did that, braided my hair today, too.  That should suffice until I cut it.  It just doesn't look good very long. What I mean is, when it is very long it doesn't look good, the ends get scraggly.  When it is shorter I have nice waves and curls, when it's long it is more lackluster.  

Ron always liked it long even though he didn't really touch it.  He just liked knowing it was long. I wanted to cut it after he died but he had told me a gem from psychology classes he took: don't make a major decision the first year after a major event.  So I waited.  But I am ready to cut it now. 

If I remarry and he likes long hair it doesn't take long to grow out. But long,graying, brown hair is just not a great look, but I don't want to die it either.  

If I dye it, it looks fake and then I have to keep it up which is not appealing.  That's one reason I stopped with the henna (that and it looked bad with my complexion). 

I am going to eat my apple fritter.  I bought one for this morning and I want to keep the food smells to a minimum today in case those dogs are around.  

Biscuit wants my chair so that's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutting your hair is not a major decision. That would fall under the don't buy a house, a car, etc type of decision not hair cutting. I remember when you used to do the henna to your hair and you loved it. Now you hate it. Interesting. Yes please get your hair cut into a medium length style with long layers. It will look great. Dyeing your hair is not that big a deal and always go lighter as you age because darker hair on an old face makes you look washed out and older.

Heather Knits said...

I plan to do about shoulder length with a few layers. The henna was fun when I had the energy but looked awful when the roots came in.