Sunday, May 1, 2022

Sunday

First of all, I got the card!  Thank you VERY much!  

Got out there at 6:30 catching the bus to work, got there a little early but OK.  Work was challenging but I did it.  

My boss has asked me not to leave until someone else comes in to cover.  I was fine with that... until she started coming in later and later, today I finally left 15 minutes after I was supposed to leave.  She still hadn't showed and wasn't in the back room either.  It is ridiculous, she has a car and drives, I take the bus and am disabled.  I can get to work early every shift but she HAS to be half an hour late?  I don't know how she is fooling the time clock.  She is supposed to be getting a penalty mark every time she is more than 9 minutes late. It's also a respect issue.  I have plans after work and she knows I have to take the bus.  Showing up late is rude.  

Part of me thinks she is doing this hoping to be fired; she is married and not dependent on her wages to make a living.  Single people tend to be much more mature in that regard, at least at my store.  The married ones are like "Oh I chipped a nail so I called in for a week".  

 All I knew I wasn't missing TWO buses for this girl.  And right as I was about to leave it opens up pouring heavy rain.  So the bus was out.  

I called for a ride, then did a little minor shopping.  I didn't get much, but I did want some powerades because my fence guy called and said he was coming out today.  I got some Powerades and such.  I got home and the fence looks great, not done yet but close.   He is still working.  

He brought his wife which I thought was cute.  He is showing off for her.  💕💕  I am a little sad Ron built me at least one gate and he was so proud of it.  I guess it's a guy thing: look what I made for you.  And it was a very good gate for many years, but the homeowners didn't like the design and made Ron take it down.  

I do tend to forget Ron is in a prominent position in my front room, the contractor asked if that was my husband and I looked up, our picture together, some fake plants/flowers, and the urn.  Also photos of my mother, grandmother, and the brown girls.  I was like, oh, yeah.  

No nap today but that is OK.  I am getting the work done, and it does look good.  The rate was reasonable, too.  We will see if my "fairy godmother" pays for this, too.  I know my aunt has been talking it up for some time that I needed the work done.  We'll see.  I did have the tax refund and this did not take "everything" so I am still good.  

And I have my love offering, which I plan to use on something fun.  It looks like I will have Tuesday and Wednesday clear now which is unexpected.  I thought it was funny, #2 goes with the cheapest bidder every time.  She had a new fence done about 10 years ago and it was starting to fall down.  She had her guys out working on her fence (not on my side) while my guy was working on my fence.  

I like what I did, I came home, I invited him in and he talked a little about what he had done.  I offered to pay him half and he said yes.  So I was glad I did that, and more than half of the work had been done so I felt fine about that.  Then I think he cashed the check and used the money to buy more supplies.  It sounds like he is finishing, if that's the case I will pay him the last half tonight.  I got 40 checks back in 2020 when I had the pipe break (what a couple of years I have had!).  I still have over 20 left.  

And my aunt said she would work on the property tax thing in about a week so that's good.  I don't think it will be hard for her but it does, I think, require forms only she has.  And I don't want to screw it up that would be a cluster.  I am allocating money for property tax and insurance like a good girl every pay period so that's going well.  I should be getting an insurance quote in a few weeks.  

I may go ahead and call them Wednesday and tell them I have vinyl plank flooring, and PEX pipes now so they can update my file.  Hopefully that will get me a cheaper rate.  

One thing I don't like about having someone over: I have to wear a bra.  I always take the thing off when I get home but not today.  If that is my worst problem today I am doing really well.  And I still have time before I have to take a shower.  I want to get that done tonight so I can get up easier in the morning.  Although I can take it in the morning if I have to.  We will just have to see.  

I bought a pint of ice cream for dinner but I'm saving it.  I am not hungry yet.  I had some crackers when I got home, the "woven wheats" Walmart generic version of a Triscuit.  

That's it for now, I may come back and do another one later.  

No comments: