Sunday, May 22, 2022

No I didn't offer to buy the kitten

 So I got to work OK.  Work was fine, one notable unpleasant customer who is, on reflection, the worst customer I have had in 30 years of retail.   But she has to go live a miserable life by herself and I got to come home to my awesome cats.  So that's fine.  

I got to leave on time, and I did.  I did not do any shopping on my way out, preferring to flee.  Yesterday and today I had the bus stop to myself which was nice.  I got on the first bus, uneventful ride.  This driver was very quiet unlike the other guy always talking trash about his passengers and calling them names.  He had better hope no one fires up a camera phone.  Like my other drivers, he is off the route in a few weeks so I just need to be patient.  

I got on my second bus and there was a homeless guy, a bucket, a cart with junk on it, and a kitten sitting on a blanket.  He had rigged up a very clever harness for the kitten.  I was a little worried as the kitten seemed lethargic.  Another woman got on the bus and squealed over the kitten, he picked her, yes it's a girl, up and was holding her, she woke up and became very lively which I thought was great.  She came over to me smelling me because of course I reek of my cats.  Biscuit and Spotty together got on me before I left this morning, for instance.  He got out a carton of the KMR kitten milk (not cheap!) and fed her some and the kitten obviously loved it.  The homeless guy was sweet but a little slow.  He was asking me some questions about cat care.  I told him he was doing a good job.  He was.  

I could have offered to buy her and then added her to the family if he said yes, but 1.  I don't have a lot of money and 2.  It was his pet also 3.  Biscuit has a cold and the kitten would catch it  can't forget 4.  Can't afford another cat right now.  

The bus driver had to jam on the brakes and my bag went flying but he was holding the kitten at the time so she was fine.  He named her "Trash" because that's where he found her.  Just crawling around in a dumpster yelling her head off.  She looked to be around 9 weeks or so.

The rain brought a cold front so it is in the low 80's.  I turned off the AC and opened a few windows.  It is nice.  I love fresh air.  I took a nap and got up, Dad is visiting someone in the hospital so they will call later.  I am enjoying my first night off.  

Plan is to do a Bible Handout tomorrow and get some takeout on my way home.  


No comments: