Friday, May 13, 2022

Friday morning

I had a pretty uneventful night at work.  My aunt told me she is coming to Houston and has a day for me, I went ahead and requested that day off even though I would likely get it anyway.  I didn't put in for paid time off even though I have 30 hours accrued.  Dad wants me to visit this fall so I can use it then.  

I never ask for a weekend or a holiday off, so they are more inclined to grant it.  And so far they have, both times I put in a request.  So we will see how that goes.  It will be fun to see her, especially as she has to pay for a hotel.  

I would be delighted to put them up in my house but I have cats and my aunt would not appreciate a cat getting into bed with them!  So I think they consider the hotel well worth it!  

I just need to figure out what I want to do.  I have to go to the glasses shop and get a tuneup, and I would like to go to the thrift shop, maybe a grocery store as well.  We will see about the rest.  

Budget has been pretty lean so that affects things as well.  

So I came home, talked to my parents.  Dad said the formula shortage is making national news, but I hear there is plenty of formula in Mexico so you can do what you want with that.  Why are they shipping it to Mexico and not America?  Good question.  But whoever controls the formula controls the parents.  

So we hung up, I ate a pop tart (just one) and went to bed, slept fine.  Did not wake up.  Woke up a little before the alarm with a splitting headache.  I got up, fed the cats, took some Excedrin.  That did not help as much as I would have liked.  So I had a gatorade (I have powder).  That helped significantly.  

I think it was the pop-tart.  I need to figure out my meals for the day.  I also need to take my pills out of my bag, I just remembered.  I went ahead and put my  prescriptions in my bag last night when I picked them up.  

I also paid the gas bill which was only $28, and I have been doing a fair amount of cooking with gas.  So that's encouraging.  I also took out money for rides and paid for my prescriptions.  I used the gift card to get a hamburger.  I had a hard time getting going yesterday so that was worth it to me.  

I may get some powdered lemonade mix (with sugar) today I think that might help if I am battling a headache.  Sometimes a "sugar snack" kicks me out of it like the Gatorade did today.  I think that might be worth it if it's a reasonable amount.  

Cycle is over for now, big question will I go for 3 weeks or another 5 like last time, between cycles?  I figure things have got to wrap up sometime.  I was talking about formula with my parents last night and said I could presumably still have a baby even though it is not in the plans.  Dad was shocked.  I guess he figured I was done with all that.  Not yet.  My mother didn't finish until her mid 50's.  So she could have presumably had an infant the same age as her grandchildren.  She had, as near as I can tell (brother was busy!) six grandchildren and last I heard two great grands and one great-great grand.  Mom had her first baby age 13 so you can see how that goes.  

Speaking of babies Biscuit is up on the couch.  My mood is OK considering the headache.  I just need to take a shower, do my God Time, get dressed, do up the candy, figure out lunch, and go.  I am not catching the early bus (don't plan to, sometimes it runs late and I end up anyway...) if i can help it today.  I needed the extra half an hour yesterday to finish my errands but I don't need that today.  I also need to call my cab driver some time today and set up my ride to work tomorrow.  

Jack takes me home Thursday and Friday nights, that works for both of us.  But I am not going to ask him to turn around and get me for work in just a few hours on Saturday.  I call the cab driver for that, and he is happy for the trip, it is easy money and hardly any traffic.  Plus it keeps him ready to answer my call if you get my drift.  He knows I am a good tipper and will take care of him.  

What I saw on the way home it looks like regular gas is $4 a gallon and diesel is $5.  That's a lot of money but I think I am paying a fair rate.  If it goes up to $5 I may start giving them both a little more.  But at the end of it it's not far.  

I have zero appetite.  

I have been considering going low carb for a while just to break my stall, but I don't want to do it long term so to me that kind of counteracts it.  Probably better just to limit calories overall like Doc did when he lost weight.  It would be nice to get a quick weight loss of a size or two before my aunt got out, though.  But I don't think I will do that.  Besides I have a very hard time detoxing from the carbs.  I need to be able to work.  And meat is not cheap either.  I can only eat so much $1 a pound pork loin.  

That is one thing I want to get, some link sausage.  That is about $10 but I will get a lot of it and that is great, I can eat it plain, I can put it in lentils, etc.  I may get that at work tonight and put it in my lunch bag.  Lunch bag is big enough to keep it cold.  It's one of those insulated bags.  

I find it amusing everyone at work has one of these lunch bags.  They bring them into work and put them in the fridge.  You don't need to put it in the fridge, it is insulated.  But they do and then they have to dig through the fridge to get out their food and hope it doesn't get thrown away when the fridge is cleaned out.  

Oh, one of my coworkers was disciplined last night.  She has a pattern of being very insolent and disobedient with one of the managers and he had enough, she got a verbal warning.  She didn't seem to get the message though and kept complaining they were "stupid", etc.  That is the first time I have heard of someone getting a verbal warning so they don't throw them out very often, I think.  

I have a couple of managers.  One tells me to focus on one thing.  Another comes along and tells me to focus on the other.  I split my focus and try to do both and so far they have seemed to be happy.  You have to be able to take direction if you are a worker bee.  And even the store manager isn't a free agent, he has to answer to Arkansas.  

I'm going to take my shower.   Done.  I did my God Time and Spotty joined me again.  He likes to get up in my lap for purring and petting as I read my Bible and devotionals.  It's very cute.  He even let me kiss him on his nose, as he purred at me.  Orange cats are very affectionate, but they aren't stupid like some say.  

My headache is trying to come back which is frustrating.  I need to work today, that is $72.  And I don't want to use up my paid time off.  So I will go in.  

Not sure what I am eating today but I will figure it out.  I may go ahead and buy a couple double cheeseburgers as I know they are headache friendly and my budget can swing it.  I think I will start with a slice of pizza.  I really think it was the pop tart.  I may also get a powerade so I can get some more electrolytes.  But I have a little time before I have to get ready so I plan to have a little fun online.  That's it for now.  

No comments: