Thursday, May 26, 2022

A quick post before work

So maybe I am an anachronism.  I talk on the phone by holding it to my ear.  Which, during long calls, can open strange sub menus on my phone and such.  Yesterday I "ear" dialed Carlos the drywall guy, who excitedly called me back twice thinking I had a job for him.  😂😂  That was funny but it could be a problem one day.  So I am considering maybe getting a Blue tooth earpiece?  But I am CLUELESS on that.  Ron had one he used for a while but then got tired of.  He was like a little kid the last 8 years or so, he would want, he would buy, he would throw it in a drawer.  I guess I would need to find one compatible with my phone as well.  I don't know.  

I may go to the cell phone store and talk to them.  They are very nice.  I am sure I can figure it out.  I just get tired of the drama of these menus opening and muting Mom and Dad or whatever.  

So I am thinking about starting a small patch of greens in my side yard.  It would be good to have for nutrition and shouldn't be too hard to maintain.  There would be some tree roots but the stuff I plan to plant has pretty tenacious root systems of their own.  

I just feel unprepared for today.  I need to set up my vest.  I need to set up my lunch.  I need to take a shower.  But I will get it done.  

I plan to get a few things before work like crackers, if they have the cheese on whole grain ones.  I can eat those, they are  pretty good, a nice snack on a break at work, pretty filling, not expensive, and not something anyone is liable to take out of my bag.  The other day I bought some oatmeal so I had some for breakfast, 2 pouches of the maple flavor.  I am hoping it sticks around for a while.  I did take my multivitamin with it, it can cause stomach upset on an empty stomach so that's good.  

I am trying to establish a meal routine that works; I eat A, B, C every day I work Thursday and Friday, E, F, G Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  The oatmeal has been readily available so I am not worried about that.  And I cooked up another batch of lentils for dinner tonight and tomorrow night.  They stick around for a while which is great.  I like something filling and not too expensive.  And the fiber is very nutritious.  Good amount of protein and such.  Apparently the baking soda soak is 'bad" for some vitamins but I take a multi vitamin anyway so not overly worried.  I top them with shredded cheese (love me some shred cheese!) so it's a complete protein as well.  

In a few weeks I have to work a longer shift Saturday and Sunday.  I will be utilizing rides for that as working 9 hours + spending 4 hours on the bus plus lead time at work of an hour or so before I start just doesn't sound fun.  I would rather spend some of the extra money I am making on the rides.  They don't do this very often but I think they may end up giving me more hours as the other girl is not in good health.  Right now she just calls in a lot but they may be taking away the PTO thing.  

We have protected time off, generally used when you take time off you want to get paid for the hours you are not working (what I plan to do when I see Dad later this year).  But you can also use it to cover an absence if you call in.  If you call in you get 1-2 "points" on your record and you can only get 5 in a six month period.  But the PTO wipes that out, so people will call in and use PTO to cover, like the other girl has been doing.  But according to my team lead, Walmart is getting sick of this and may be getting rid of it.  If that is the case I don't know what she will do.  

Happily I have been able to work every day but one, when I had a very bad migraine.  I had a bad headache when I woke up but the Excedrin and a cold drink helped that.  

I am going to take my shower.   Did that, have a little time before I have to get dressed and get my lunch together.  The cats are good; Spotty hung out with me during my God Time.  He is really cute, purring and rubbing up against me as I read my Bible and devotionals.  

That's it for now.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't take this the wrong way I don't mean it to be rude I'm just curious.

Do you really have to plan ordinary repetitive things every day because of your illness or just write it all to fill up the blog?

Heather Knits said...

Basically, yes. It is the brain damage it has affected my "executive functions" planning, organizing, etc. I have to work at it. One reason my house is a mess I just don't think to clean/organize.

I can still work but I basically have to have a list at home to get ready. Ron used to ask me "Keys, badge, phone?" when we left the house every day to make sure I didn't forget something. I have to do that myself now, do I have my vest? Lunch? Candy to hand out (important!)? Bus pass? Spare money? Headache pills? Etc. It gets a little tedious but when I do this I am OK. One day I got 3/4 the way to the bus stop and had to go back for my phone.

Writing about it helps me lock it in my brain. I am a bucket mouth I have no problem filling the blog. LOL

Anonymous said...

Thank you for answering.