Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Wednesday morning

 I went through my fridge and discovered I had to cook up some link sausage, that night.  I also had some pork stew I had to divvy up and put in freezer containers.  It was a new brand of sausage but seemed promising, no fillers, no MSG.  What is a filler I'm not sure but probably not something I want.  I am well aware of what goes into sausage.  Anyway I sliced it up and fried it in my skillet, it was very good and I have lots now to take to work.  I like to snack on cold, cooked, link sausage it is really good.  I don't really have a limit on link sausage so I put them in premeasured containers.  Very happy with that.  

I tried the pork stew (had not) and it was also good very mild which is OK.  I would rather have a mild stew than a strong nasty one.  Next time I think I will put some fire roasted big green mild peppers in there.  I think that would be good.  I cooked up some rice with a little of the pork fat and portioned that out, then put stew on top.  It was good.  I had some leftovers for dinner, not big enough to make a proper meal but good with a handful of the link sausage "coins".  So I had a really healthy meal and went to bed.  

And woke up horrendously depressed.  I hate it when that happens on my day off.  To quote Ron "I'm not in the BBQ spirit".  He used to get frustrated if I was depressed when he was doing BBQ.  To him it was a joyous occasion, we are smoking meat, for me it was not always a good time.  We finally compromised and I would do BBQ when my spirits were up.  Then we were both in a good mood.  

Two things I might consider if I got a stimulus: a smoker/bbq grill and a chest freezer for the garage.  Although the freezer would eat more electricity.  And how much perishable food do I want, really?  If things go bad I will just have a lot of rotten meat.  So I think I just talked myself out of the freezer.  

I plan to focus more on canned meat that keeps a long time.  

The handyman has not taken the old fence panels yet so I couldn't get to my trash can.  I am OK waiting a few days but not forever.  If he doesn't come by Saturday I will text him.  I only had one trash bag in the can so not worried about that.  I wish I had checked the ENTIRE area before writing the check because he mentioned the old fencing as he left and said he would be back "Wed or Thurs" to get it.  Worst case I threaten him with a bad review he will do it.  But I don't like confrontation.  

So a pretty good chance of rain tomorrow.  I will wear my "water" shoes they are waterproof.  Bring my rain jacket, etc.  Hopefully I will be OK.  I don't want to spend what I have on a ride to work.  But last summer I was OK getting to work before the afternoon thunderstorms every day.  We will see.  

I have the towels and whites in the dryer, they should be done in about an hour.  I am also running the washer on a cleaning cycle as it does better with one.  My washer smells great and I always use the tablet every month.  The repairman said very good things about the tablets.  And they were mentioned in the manual for the washer.  So I'm a little late, I like to do it on the first, but I'm getting it.  

I also need to clean the water bowl I try to do that every month as well.  Although the cats are not picky about water they will use the fountain, bowls on the floor, etc. which is great as Biscuit needs a lot of water.  He is sleeping on the couch next to me looking very cute.  

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you only always cook pork? Why not a roast or a whole chicken? And for the fence panels he said he would pick them up Wed or Thurs. Today is Wed.

Heather Knits said...

Pork question also goes to 10 commandments and honoring parents... I did not develop a taste for chicken growing up. That's the most delicate way I can phrase. I love eating pork and it is affordable. I know how to cook it.

If I wanted a roast chicken (I generally only crave chicken hormonally) I would buy one from work which I have done a time or two. Problems with my oven the burners work fine but issues with the oven part, also a garbage disposal issue as well.

Not too worried about cleanup because 1. He did say he would come back and 2. It isn't Friday yet. I will give him until Saturday and then text him. If I don't get results on that I will threaten a bad review. But absolute worst case I could drag it all off to a corner of the back yard. I have a large back yard.

Back to chicken again I do have some chicken thighs in the freezer to cook later on.