Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Tuesday noon

 Well I did 2 loads of clothes, one regular clothes and one load of whites.  I don't normally bleach my clothes but I did throw a little in the load of whites.  It might rain later so I wanted to get it over with and I may go out tomorrow (to be determined).  

I did my budget it was challenging but have it set up for the next 2 pay periods.  Exciting things like utility bills, money allocated for "escrow", my luxury, the Youtube music at $11 😂.  I do like my music.  And this is commercial free.  What else?  Dr visit and medication.  Internet.  I could probably qualify for an assistance program on that as I am "poverty level" per my lawyer.  Oh yeah and the cell phone bill.  The pay cycle is a little tricky and JUST off the due dates for cell phone and internet.  I will get paid right after they take the money, so it'll get paid back.  But it all works.  

I am not using my credit card for work snacks anymore, I am bringing food from home and eating it there.  That helps not having any credit card payments.  Worth it I think to pay that off with some of the tax refund.  

I may save my spending money (do have some) for next week when I have 3 days off in a row.  I may want to go out more; I get paid next Wednesday but as I said that budget is lean.  I will make it work.  

I took out my trash.  That was a little tricky; the fence guy left the old fencing in the backyard "for a few days" we will see about that...if he doesn't he is getting a BAD review which is death in this day and age.  But I won't make any threats this week.  Worst case I think I can haul it off to a back corner of the yard.  But not worried about it more inconvenienced.  I can't take out the trash but all my trash for the last week literally fit into one kitchen bag.  And I have a 95 gallon can.  

I plan to take a nap pretty soon when the whites finish.  I think I can have a pretty good one. 

Clothes are still spinning so we will see how that goes.  The house feels a little stuffy.  I think my aunt had it right; she got a new AC system in her old house some years ago.  She said they installed a dehumidifier and her system hardly ran; that a lot of the discomfort was due to the humidity.  I remember my Dad had a dehumidifier in the basement where he kept 😂 my brother and sister.  Dad owned a 3 bedroom house, 4 of us kids plus him and his new wife, so the 2 older kids (hers) went in rooms he built in the basement rather than have the kids double up.  Looking back probably fairer to have doubled us up or bought a bigger house, but it worked for 5 years or so until we moved.  That house everyone had their own room and my stepsister even had her own bathroom.  I had to share my bathroom with 2 brothers.  So I have seen dehumidifiers work but it is a hassle to empty them out all the time.  

And I'm not running the AC until I am truly uncomfortable I am being thrifty.  And I sleep fine at night that's all I would care about, if I couldn't sleep due to the heat.  I have screens on a couple of the windows.  So I could open a window or two if it came to that.  

I do wonder a little about my cat door panel on the back window.  It could be seated better.  I have a burglar bar panel on the back door so not worried letting that out.  That sliding screen door is toast, though.  I probably need a whole new back door at some point but not looking to do that.  And I like having the burglar bars on the back I don't have to worry about someone getting in that way.  

I had a sleepwalking issue as a child.  One time my sister had me make a stack of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and write a note while I was sleepwalking.  My parents were a little annoyed at her playing with me but it is funny.  One time I slept walked at night on a camping trip and almost went down a hill "looking for my glasses" which was often a theme if someone was around during my sleep walk.  Another time I woke up the whole girls' bunkroom on another camping trip freaking out over my glasses.  I had no recollection of it, it was a little awkward the next day.  Anyway I used to leave the bars unlocked but one morning I noticed the soles of my feet were dirty and I realized I had been sleep walking in the backyard.  So I locked them.  I could have stepped on God Knows What.  And people don't believe in His protection...

I did forget to do the vinegar rinse on the towels, I am doing that now.  When that finishes then I get my nap.  The towels basically work much better if you do the vinegar rinse, and never, ever use fabric softener it makes them less absorbent.  Fabric softener is also not good for underwear as it irritates the tissues and it also ruins the adhesive on some sanitary products.  I have dryer sheets for some items but not loads with underwear.  

I got a book on cystitis as I had a terrible time with it during my marriage.  Why?  Probably a combination of factors.  The book said to make sure you used unscented products with no washing soda (a common detergent additive), no fabric softener and I did feel much better taking those steps.  I was also careful with soap at some times I would use an unscented soap on the affected area because even soap fragrance was irritating.  

Good reason not to remarry.  I don't have to worry about catching a bladder infection as long as I am smart with my self care.  Single isn't all bad I am seeing that.  

My Dad is convinced I will meet someone.  And on some level I guess I expect to meet a guy who will swoop in and solve all my problems.  But that's not going to happen.  I need to focus on myself and making myself healthy and strong.  And out of that I may or may not meet someone some day.  I still plan to wait until 2026 before dating.  If I even go that route; I think it is better to wait for someone to show up in my life.  I also need to bone up on my relationship with God and make Him first in my life because I had a very bad tendency to put Ron on the throne instead of God.  

I aim to be transparent and it is the truth.  Not proud of that it didn't do me or Ron a bit of good.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: