Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Well I made it

 Took the bus to work, it works really well leaving later I still get to work plenty early.  A lot of employees get to work early so I'm not the odd duck there.  

Did my job.  Was not easy due to some things I couldn't control but I did what I could for the customers.   I was late leaving again.  I was able to run by the bank and get $40 out of checking for my rides and grocery money (had spent on fence guy basically).  I went to the bus stop, no one there for a long while but the obese guy with the dog showed up to beg as my bus approached.  I was wearing my vest so the driver would 😂 let me on the bus!  And he did!  

Got to the transit center a little bit of a wait but I did it.  Caught my local to go home, got off OK.  Some excitement.  There were 2 big wooded lots on either side of the street up till a couple months ago.  The lots were sold and cleared.  There were big piles of downed trees on the one lot.  Today they were shredding the trees into mulch, had a pile of mulch the size of a moderate building, about 60 feet tall.  It was very windy so mulch kept blowing over at the bus stop.  I got some on my clothes and one fragment in my eye.  I still got home OK.  

I got home around 5-5:30 I honestly took my watch off I didn't want to know how long it took.  I took a little break and then called my parents.  Dad was a manager and an engineer so he wanted all the details of work issues.  Which I realized later I really didn't want to discuss.  But I did and it got me in a negative mindset which I hate.  

Not depressed just moody.  There is a difference.  So I hung up pretty early.  I decided to watch 911, it looked similar to Chicago Fire.  It was good and then I went to bed.  I slept until 6 (10 hours) so obviously I needed it.  

I do have a small problem.  My fence guy piled the old pickets inside the gate, blocking my trash can.  So I can't take out the trash this week.  But in the big scheme that is not a big issue.  

Oh and I got the insurance quote, the coverage is pretty good except wind/hail has $3K deductible 😩  Not great.  BUT I have never had a wind/hail claim in 20 years.  I had a broken pipe but the actual wind hail has not been an issue.  So do I take a chance?  Or pay more?  I need to talk to the company.  I also, as I've said, need to tell them the house has changed a little.  I will run this by my aunt as well.  With my current plan, house is insured to $160K and contents is bitchin' at $80K, still have the big personal liability coverage.  All that is about $2K.  I have basically just that in savings.  So glad I have been putting it away.  

Next insurance isn't until October so I have time to save that up.  That's my flood policy and also about $2K.  People think my house is paid off I don't have expenses.  I still do, I just don't have a mortgage.  Good thing as I'm still only part time.  

The cats are good, I hadn't seen Cleo last night so I looked out the back window to find her in the yard eating something.  She's a good hunter, she doesn't play with her food like a house cat, the second she catches it, she eats it, like a feral.  She did get into bed with me later.  It was pretty hot yesterday and the AC came on a few times but I have the thermostat set pretty warm so it didn't need to do much.  

I plan to take it pretty easy today; not sure what I will do besides my fireman show.  I need to figure out my budget as well.  Tomorrow I might go to the Asian grocery and see what they have, they also have a good takeout place right next door.  That would be a big yum.  

I did put $10 on my bus card, that will cover rides for a good while.  I like to keep the value between $40-60 and it is about $57 right now. 

That's it for now; looks like it is going to rain later so a good thing I am staying home.  Not much fun to pick my way home across a muddy vacant lot.  

No comments: