Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Tuesday morning

 Last night I started working on a headache coming up from my neck.  I had a light caffeine drink and a couple of aspirin and went to bed.  

Not sure if I talked about this.  Back in 2016 it was a rough year with Ron's back, and him back in a wheelchair until he had the surgery.  Then my washer died right before the operation.  Ron and I went to Sears (when they had one!) and I picked out a very nice one on clearance (a little leery of a clearance washer but I liked the agitation and it had a soak cycle which proved important to me).  It came in a pair and the two of them combined with the haul away and delivery was about $1,100.  Ron paid cash, the guy's eyes almost fell out and he kept holding up the $20's to the light to make sure they were real.  😂😂  Back when we could afford to do this!  So we paid and got our receipts and I said something about "All that money and it's all for stuff we need, nothing we actually wanted" and Ron said "Buy yourself something you want'.  I looked around and found a nice set of queen sheets high thread count, cotton with a little elastic, very classy.  Ron said "get it" and handed me a couple of 20's.  So I got back in line.  We had gotten coupons when we bought the washer so I used the $10 one on the sheets.  I had a $5 one I gave to the lady behind me she was really happy.  Then we went home and I slept on the sheets for years.  

I put them on the bed recently and told myself "lying in bed in these sheets is like Ron giving me a hug".  It was very comforting until I rolled over and ripped a big hole in the fitted sheet yesterday.  That was a little hard.  I had other sheets of course so I washed the top sheet and pillowcases.  Actually I put 2 top sheets on the bed.  One on top of me, then covers, then another on top of covers.  "Covers" consist of a cotton bedspread from IKEA.  So I got those washed at any rate.  

Now I am wondering what to do with the ripped sheet.  It smells like me so maybe cut it up and put it in the cat carriers?  It might be consoling to the cats?  Or just throw it away?  I will ask my aunt.  

Not sure what I am doing today.  Do I go out?  Where?  I would like some more decaf tea but hard to find that.  The Asian grocery will NOT.  Kroger might.  Work has very little.  Not that I want to go to work on my day off anyway.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: