Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Tuesday morning

 So a little more detail: while at work yesterday my boss kept complimenting my work (does she read the blog?!) which was nice and then confiding in me about work issues which was very, very, awkward for me.  I did my best to be supportive but non committal.  But she told me she corrected another employee (so harshly) she cried.  So I didn't have that at any rate.  Management of people is very difficult.  Ron was the master of that, the best I have seen.  He made people genuinely excited to come in and work for him.  They always went above and beyond without being asked.  I would not want to manage people.  

I don't want the hassles of management, period, I just want to be a dumb little worker bee buzzing away.  Even my Dad agrees, he was always ambitious for me but these days agrees I don't want to get into management.  Not that I think they would with me having a GED and "some" college.  And that's fine.  I did my job, did it well, got it all done, boss noticed, so a good day.  

And no homeless guy at the bus stop for a change so I got to wait in peace.  I had room in my bag for my sausage and my takeout in addition to my work crap.  It was kind of heavy, though.  I need to go through the bag and prune out any non essentials.  I need to put a hair brush in there too.  

I got home OK all the drivers were happy to get their candy.  I did it all up the night before which is a good thing as I got up about half an hour before I had to leave, and it takes "a minute" to do the candy.  I plan to take today off just do some housework and watch my show, then do the handout tomorrow and dishes.  I do have to take out the trash tonight.  

I am amazed the yard guy did such a good job, I have the best yard on the block.  A house down the street (Where Mama cat lives) is for sale.  This will help it get sold.  I expect pretty good odds of Mama cat coming back when they leave.  I do hope they take her but if they don't she is welcome here.  She's a good cat and did a very good job with Spotty and Cleo.  She always got along great with Biscuit as well.  Her, I would take, but if another cat shows up I would not.  

Wow I just looked up that house for sale it is going about double what my house is valued at; which makes sense, it is twice as big, and has an extra 1.5 bathrooms.  I'm not selling but interesting to know.  

I am not stupid, I will NEVER find another house in a quiet, decent, neighborhood, on an active bus line, near all these stores, big yard, etc.  Not to mention 900 square feet is more than enough for one person.  I have the orange room for working out, the blue room for Bible study/guest room, in addition to a nice sized bedroom and bath.  Even my own little laundry room with a door that shuts.  So I'm not selling unless I get a big sign from God.  

But is interesting to see the values go up.  My next property tax bill is going to be significant.  Which is why I save up every pay period, I would much rather do it now than scramble at the end of the year like Ron did every single year.  I loved him but I hated that.  

I am going to get started on the laundry.  I did that.  I decided to do one load of tshirts and underwear and then I will do a second load of jeans.  I plan to just wear performance t's for the next couple of months when I'm riding the bus.  They breathe better, and carry a backup t in my bag in case one gets sweaty.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: