Saturday, May 7, 2022

It is funny now

 I don't often use bad language but yesterday's ride to work was a total cluster...

  • First bus late half an hour
  • Missed second bus by seconds, on wrong side of street, wait another half hour.  
  • Creepy homeless guy with paranoid conspiracy theories took a shine to me at transit center kept trying to chat me up.  DID HE NOT SEE THE WEDDING RING?!
  • Last bus runs every half hour but waited almost an hour, finally told it broke down and they had to send another bus.  I did not get the text notification I should have on that.  
  • Total waiting in the sun about 2 hours.  Got a sunburn on my face and part.  
  • Last bus driver very green, new, slow driving.  
  • Every disabled person in my part of town wanted to get on the bus.  They were all very slow getting on and off and took their time selecting a seat.  We had 2 very frail elderly, a guy on a cane, and 2 wheelchairs.  
  • Oh yeah and lots of homeless people, one who sat in front of me at an angle and raised his arm to grab the handrail.  I then had the unwashed Armpit Of Death in my face I was gagging on the stench.  I could TASTE it.  I am starting to see why that one Metrolift client used to mace the other clients with Lysol. 
  • When I got to work I discovered my monthly gift had arrived.  
You get the idea.  It was pretty awful.  Work wasn't much better, it is just crazy with Mother's day.  I hadn't been hired yet for Mother's day last year so I had no clue what to expect.  We are coming up on my one year anniversary though.  It seems a lot worse than Valentine's day actually.  Maybe because everyone has a mother but not everyone has a Valentine?  I don't know.  It was just one of those days I fled as soon as I could clock out.  

And over all I like my job.  I was glad I had figured out when I ovulated so I knew to anticipate my cycle, wear a pad, etc.  I had supplies.  It was just another thing to deal with, though.  

It will be fun taking the bus home in the heat/sun today it will be about 95.  

I got home and did my phone call with my parents, tried to keep it light.  Then I went to bed.  I was pretty wiped out.  I woke up with a pretty bad headache, took some Excedrin and went back to bed for a while.  I didn't see Biscuit when I first got up but he did show up for breakfast, he must have been outside.  Cats like the same temperatures we do and don't like to be out when it's very hot.  So they will go out when it's cool and stay in when it's hot.  I don't have it set very cold but I do have air conditioning.  

Oh my aunt filed my homestead exemption.  It was tricky as I already owned half the house and have lived here 18 years prior to Ron dying and leaving me the other half.  So that should be fixed.  She had to do her own exemption too.  What I don't get there was no problem with the exemption when we bought the house?  It was automatic?  So apparently they "improved" the process.  

If I do go for disability I will be able to file the award letter with the property tax and get additional exemptions.  If I were the widow of a veteran, I wouldn't pay anything, or if Ron had been disabled in military service, which is really cool.  I'm not wanting those exemptions but I am glad they exist.  There are also some other exemptions I didn't qualify for.  But I feel like Harris County wants me to stay in my house.  

But I can see why people hire someone to help with the exemption because the forms were VERY confusing to me and apparently also my aunt, which made me feel better.  She's one of the smartest people I know (Dad, also) and if she needed help doing it it was hard.  

Today is only 4 hours so it shouldn't be bad.  I am glad I don't have long shifts this weekend even though the money would be nice.  BTW my schedule the next couple weeks is about $530 every 2 weeks for the next little while.  Which means I could get disability because I am under the income limit.  That should work OK with the budget.  

Boy Biscuit loves that couch next to the computer.  Everytime I'm here he is on that couch.  

That's it for now.  I hope I can get through work OK with this headache.  

No comments: