Monday, May 30, 2022

OK, now i'm annoyed

I had to get up at 3 again, so I went to bed around 7.  About 7:30 PM #6 starts up with the loud music again.  ANOTHER party, this one a birthday, complete with singing and mariachi band, I had a damned tuba outside my bedroom wall 😂😂.  And it wasn't a very good mariachi band they kept hitting flat notes.  More loud music and festivity until well after midnight.  And I had to get up at 3.  I was not happy.  

When Ron was alive he would get very, very, agitated at things like that and I would have to call the police repeatedly, and even then I would only get a little relief before he (#6) would get drunk and turn it up again.  So I knew it was pointless to call the police, plus we are in a new precinct and they don't have time for stuff like that (lived in this district before and they would never come out for a noise complaint).  

I am happy he has a thriving family and lots of nice friends.  NOT happy he is keeping me up.  But I was going to be the loser in this as it's just "too bad" I have to get up that early for my retail job when all the "normals" have the weekend off.  Ron and I used to have this problem with him on Friday nights, he would want to party and we had to get up at 6 AM on Saturday.  So while I am Not Happy I am not pissed either.  Just resigned.  #6 could be a LOT worse and I try to focus on that.  But I am glad he couldn't keep my husband up any more.  

If I remarried I would want to stay in my house and I am sure the next guy would not be pleased at this, either.  Probably go next door and have conflict, so I am glad I am avoiding that.  Some things are just not worth the battle and, overall, #6 has not made that much noise.  He was completely quiet for a year after Ron died, I doubt he was thinking of that but it worked out that way for me.  And even at his worst I think he has only been loud about 2 weeks out of the year, total.  

It is interesting I was thinking did I ever have a "party" and the only one I could come up with was the day Ron died, when we had the fire truck, ambulance, police car, and morgue investigator all over at the same time.  And then my aunt showed up after the fire truck left.  So only one day and they did not make noise, even if they had it was 2 PM on a Saturday so everyone was up anyway.  All the other times (not many) I had one person over at a time, and I wasn't loud.  Mostly it is Jack and my cab driver buddy taking me to/from somewhere and they are very quiet.  About the worst you can say I slam the truck door closed at about 10:30 PM 2 nights a week.  

So enough virtue signalling, I think I am a good neighbor and would have really appreciated a good night's sleep last night.  I am happy everyone is healthy and happy next door.  The older kids are late teens, early 20's so I expect the grand kids will arrive shortly.  So it's an endless loop.  With the improvements he has made (#6) I expect he is in for the long haul like me.  

So onto work: I asked for the 15th off and they scheduled me to work.  Not happy about that.  Dad would like me to visit later this year and this has me wondering if I can.  I am about at the point where I am up to flying halfway across the country to go see them.  He has been very eager to have me out.  He lives in a nice planned community and really likes it there.  So I will have to see how that works out, I can apparently ask for the day off 3 months in advance.  

And that's all I want to talk about work right now.  The cats are good, did not sleep with me, likely due to the fact I was restless due to the ruckus next door.  But they all showed up for breakfast.  

My hair looks OK so I don't think I need a shower today.  I only work 4 hours today so that's good.  This week I have Tue-Wed off and next week I have Mon-Wed off so I will really enjoy that.  I do plan to sleep in tomorrow if at all possible because it's unusual for me to be sleep deprived 2 nights in a row.  I just hope I am functional and do not fall asleep on the bus.  3 hours of sleep, 2 nights in a row, is pretty rough.  I may need a Mountain Dew before my ride home.  I don't want to fall asleep on the bus.  that happened to Ron one time and he ended up at the end of the line, he was an extra hour late getting home.  

I have a lot more hours coming up soon so it will be interesting to see how the transportation balances out with that.  I think I can take the bus "to" work most days but will need a ride "from" work most nights.  I am not sure what is happening to the other people who normally work this shift, are they off or just getting fewer hours?  I will have to ask the one lady today if I remember.  

I am not sure if I am going to get anything after work as I am pretty tired already.  I might see what they have in the way of tampons, those have been pretty hit or miss, and I am due around the end of the week?  Or later?  Only God knows these days.  I will be ready at any rate.  

I have a lot of food in the freezer so not worried about that.  Female supplies look good I may see what they have anyway.  I'll use it up, that's for sure.  I also need to think about laundry detergent.  I have one canister of the unscented Tide PODS and a few of the highly scented Febreeze with Gain ones I use for my thrift store finds and dirty t-shirts.  I worry about odors in the fabric as I am wearing the performance ones now.  I may get some more of the Gain ones.  

More hours will equal more pay so I will have to evaluate what I have at home, what I need, and get that.  I don't think I need too much, though.  I would like to avoid grocery shopping this week if I can avoid it so I will try to make that happen by getting what I can after work today; it will have to fit in my bag and ride the bus home, though.  

That's it for now, I may do another post before I leave the house.  

No comments: