Monday, May 2, 2022

Monday morning

 I am still waking up in the middle of the night it gets old.  But other than that I did sleep OK.  

Finally hauled myself out of bed and took a caffeine pill to get going.  100 mg so a 6 ounce cup of coffee worth.  

I had worn my jeans a couple days in a row and decided to wash them last night, so I emptied my pockets.  I have a lot of stuff in my pockets.  I got smart and got a brown paper "lunch sack" from the kitchen and put all my stuff in that, now it's in one place.  

I didn't actually wash the jeans but I put them in the pile in front of the washer.  Before Ron's accident I had always felt medical people were there to help.  After his accident they sent him home - he should have been in skilled nursing, he had a catheter, chest precautions, broken leg... God enabled me to give him the care he needed but it wasn't easy.  He also had head injury dementia so was rather challenging as well.  Anyway they scheduled a home evaluation after Ron got home and sent out a social worker.  

We had 2 cats, one of which was very bonded to Ron, she always slept on his chest or under his arm, it was adorable.  The guy comes in the home, looks around, sneers, goes in Ron's room, yells "PUT UP THE ANIMALS!" I said it's a cat not a pit bull.  "I DON'T CARE PUT IT UP" so I put her out... Ron was not happy, and I didn't blame him, guy looks at Ron's medication and his chart I offered to show him my notebook, I always wrote down everything I did for Ron and how he was feeling, the guy shoves the notebook away "I don't need that".  If you really want to know how Ron is doing you'll look at the book, I know the medical examiner sure did.  He snoops all over the house, finds a pile of laundry in front of the washer, which is about as far as you can get from Ron's room, off in a corner with nothing else.  "THIS IS A TRIP HAZARD YOU HAVE TO REMOVE IT" I said he's not walking yet he won't fall.  "I DON'T CARE I'LL HAVE TO WRITE THIS UP".  [rolleyes]  OH PLEASE I thought you are NO help.  

But I am still doing the pile in front of the washer, but it's in it's own room now.  

A little lesson in accounting.  I worked for a non profit and did much of the accounting and general ledger entries for the company, the accountant really liked me and wanted to train me to be his replacement.  Anyway, fund accounting: if I am given $10 for Bibles I have to put it in the Bible fund; and I always did that personally.  Someone sends me Bible money that's what I get.  One time I got permission from the sponsor and also bought some laminated signs so I could hand out the Bibles easier.  "Electric bill" has to go to just that, etc.  All other money went to "general fund" which could be used on anything.  If someone gives me money it goes to "general fund" which could be anything from groceries to rides to electric bill.  Someone gave me money "to fix up Ron's room" and that's exactly what I spent it on.  

By the way I am OK on Bibles for now.  

Oh I need to take my shower.   That's it for now.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If someone sends you a gift without specifications, you should be able to use it as you want. After all, it's a gift. Enjoy and if you use it one something "fun", all the better.