Wednesday, May 11, 2022

No handout today

 Woke up with a  headache and pretty severe fatigue, also had a very strong NO in my spirit, so I will stay home.  I have more time off coming up I can go one of those days.  I need to get out my cart and check it out anyway, it's been at least 2 years since I did a Handout, maybe 3.  I need to make sure everything still works.  I do have a pretty nice rolling cart (not to be confused with "Bag Lady" cart) with a collapsible crate I strap in place.  The tote bag looked fine the last time I was in the garage.  I took a look, it all seems fine.  I even have a nice stack of Vietnamese Scripture booklets all ready to go.  You never know: one time I had an Asian guy pull up next to me, I offered him a Bible, he said "I only read Vietnamese" I gave him a booklet and he said "I can't believe it!" and started reading it there at the light.  I hate to miss a chance.  So I will also bring Spanish booklets God knows I have plenty of them.  And a dear online friend sent me some Bibles from a missionary society so I will take those, they have a nice road of salvation section in the Bible and it's just KJV text nothing freaky.  

So that's good.  The cart does - occupy - a fair amount of space so I will leave it in the garage for now.  My "Ask me for a Free Bible" (and I'm not kidding when I say I have a fair amount of Free Bible Handout gear) hat was a little grubby so I soaked it in some water and it came clean.  

I will take the cart, box, case of Bibles, whatever extra Bibles I can fit in the case, some Spanish booklets, my hat, and of course the sign.  One time 😂😂 I forgot the sign and you know how HARD it is to hand out Bibles without a sign?  It was pretty funny.  I also had Ron's 'Junior" sign in the box so he apparently went with me on the last handout.  I will also take some half frozen bottles of water as well as it is very hot right now.  

Although it has been interesting if I did get parched God always sent a "raven" (inside Bible joke: God sent ravens to feed the prophet Elijah for some years while he was hiding from Queen Jezebel after he destroyed the prophets of baal) to bring me a nice cold drink.  Some times it was embarrassing, they brought so much.  And one time the guy brought donuts which were hot, fresh, and awesome.  I have never worried about consuming a snack brought me while I was doing a Handout I figured God would bless it.  All that said I will bring a couple quarts of cold water and maybe some iced tea.  

I used to just call [cab driver] he was a lot easier than the bus but that is $$ I can't take so I will just bring the whole show on the bus.  And it is a lot easier to come home with no Bibles than it is to go, with.  Money is tight this pay period (when is it 😂 not?) with the insurance money coming out, plus internet and cell phone.  I won't tell you what I have left for groceries, all I will say I have groceries.  I am glad I did stay late those days that got me over the minimum required.  

Anyway a Bible Handout, on the bus, is basically free entertainment.  I just pay bus fare.  So I can just do them until I run out of Bibles and then email my friend for more (He said just ask and he will send however many I need, I used to buy them myself but will take it now).  It is funny coming home to a case of Bibles, clearly marked, on the porch.  No one wants to steal the Bibles.  

Actually I had a guy steal Bibles when I was doing a handout.  When I get to my spot I set up the cart on the median.  I had two cases of Bibles open on the ground.  One English and one Spanish.  I was distracted handing out Bibles and I saw a guy behind me over by Ron, he was bending over the cases.  He stood up holding a couple of Bibles and ran off when I saw him.  😂  I thought it was hysterical.  I would have given them to him but he had to take them.  But he got them in his hands.  

Ron actually stole a Bible and that is how he got saved.  First a little about Braille Bibles.  Braille is a great language but it is very bulky even the "Grade 2" and "Grade 3" braille.  Ron even learned computer Braille with had 8 dots instead of 6.  Ron was very skilled at Braille.  So he read a lot when he could get his hands on a braille book, but even a "small" book was 2 or 3 volumes.  An entire Braille Bible takes up a whole bookcase, even a New Testament (which I got him) takes up a whole shelf.  One volume is generally 1-2 books of the Bible, or in the case of the New Testament several smaller books.  

So anyway Ron was in CA he had decided he was an atheist because the Catholics wouldn't answer questions he had about faith.  He had a lot of questions and was genius level intelligence (until the dementia 😢), that tends to run in tandem.  Someone like me takes a lot more on faith.  Anyways he was "an atheist" and was arguing with a Christian man at the college.  He made a remark and the guy, his name was John, said "You haven't even read the Bible, have you?"  And Ron said "I don't read that crap".  John said "Come back and talk to me after you have read the Bible, you're ignorant".  That was the worst thing you could call Ron, ignorant, and he was very offended.  He went to a braille library in Houston when visiting his parents, wearing a long coat in July.  He asked for a Braille Bible and she showed him the volume "Ephesians to Revelation".  The minute she left Ron "stuck it under my coat and walked out of there".  

Funny note, he tried to return it later and the library had closed.  So Ron got home and read it, and was immediately convicted and became born again.  The Bible has great power to convict if you just let someone read it with the right heart.  So I don't have a problem with someone "stealing" one of "my" Free Bibles.  

All that to say I am not going a Handout today.  

I do need to figure out my disposable income budget.  I can live pretty cheap if it comes to it.  I make it a game, really.  Important thing I have enough to pay for the insurance.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: