Friday, May 27, 2022

Friday morning

Work went OK last night, I ended up getting there earlier.  I catch 3 buses to work.  The first bus is on time but the second bus runs behind schedule and picks me up "early" which gets me to the transit center early for my third bus, which gets me to work WAY early even for me.  I did some shopping.  Things have gone way up and my discount only works on certain items.  That put a dent in my budget but I needed candy to hand out, snack crackers for work lunches, etc.  The big expense was the fake peanut butter at $4.50.  But that will last a while especially with the fake Triscuits I bought.  

So I need to figure out that budget, I have $76 to last me 2 weeks, can definitely do it.  I don't need many groceries but I think I will get a bag of cat food if they have it today.  I will need to take some money out of my tax return to pay for my rides next weekend (work 2 long days to 7 PM and getting a ride each way).  I am fine spending money on that and I know my cab driver buddy will be happy to help.  If I feel motivated I can pay it back out of my bigger paycheck on the 22nd.  

I don't know what my electricity will be; that's my biggest problem, so I can't really budget for it.  I have $200 in the budget which is way too much.  I haven't been running it much so hoping it's around $80?  That will make things easier on the 8th because I have the internet coming out of that check.  Just stuff like that.  NOT in a spirit of fear just trying to be a good steward.  God takes care of me.  I don't want one of those averaging plans as I don't trust the company.  

My aunt's friend paid for the fence repair.  So that is $500 back in my checking I just need to be smart with it.  I do need to get a blood test I think I will just leave it at a basic lithium level for now and then go get something more detailed if Doc requests it.  I am pretty sure I will take a cab each way as it is hard to get there on the bus.  My mood has been OK so I think my levels are fine.  

I will need to get Doc's fax number for that, though.  

I slept OK last night which was good, I went to bed a little late.  I will find out tomorrow if I got the days off for my aunt's visit.  Well, day.  She is in town for other business but is working me in on the 15th.  I have to go to the eyeglass place and get my new ones tuned up (issues).  I would like to go to the thrift store but don't really need anything.  Maybe some cute denim shorts (not crawling up my butt or skin tight, or ripped) if I can find them, even though I do have 1 good pair for that.  I will "cross that bridge as I come to it" (Dad).  I do need her help trimming my tree as the HOA is upset about low hanging branches (rolleyes).  They want a little lollipop in the yard.  

I had a protein shake this morning, I will also have some oatmeal.  I am hoping to really fill up before work so I am not starving when I get there.  I would like to only buy cat food.  Yesterday I was bad, I got donuts and a soda.  That is not going to help me lose weight.  

I have 3 days off coming up the week of the 8th.  I am thinking I might use those days to go lower carb.  I don't want to do a strict low carb but something lower would help.  I just mainly need to work on my eating and get better options so I am not reaching for the junk food.  

Last night I had to do more active shooter training "Avoid, deny, defend".  I don't know if it was planned before the school shooting or they rolled it out afterward.  They also had additional training in how to spot someone about to go off.  It is very sad.  I did the training so corporate can stop yelling at my bosses.  I was on a list apparently.  

There is a guy at work has very strong opinions he kept going on about how terrible this was, I agree but there is nothing you and I can do sitting in our chairs in the breakroom.  Can't bring up my faith because it's not considered "inclusive".  Romans one for example.  I just let him wind down.  

Had a good ride home, Jack said the tumors are shrinking in his wife, which is really good news.  She has not been doing the chemo very long either.  Hopefully they can do the immunotherapy which teaches the body to attack the tumors.  That would be really cool.  I like her a lot and want Jack happy so I am rooting for them.  

The cats are good, they are adorable as always.  Cleo was very excited when I was making my oatmeal and I got some real meows out of her.  I kept telling her it wasn't anything she'd like.  She wandered off.  

That's it for now, may come back and post again.  Back for a minute.  During our petting time, Spotty was rolling around on the bed and fell off.  He is fine.  He bit me when he got back up because I rubbed his stomach.  

Yesterday I brushed my teeth after I had put my shirt on, and I got toothpaste on it.  So today I brushed my teeth right out of the shower.  Not so motivated to go to work today.  We will see, though, it may not be too bad.  I do need the $72 though.  

We have a new girl in my department she is very nice.  The last girl was getting into fights, talking on the phone her whole shift, borrowing money from other associates and not paying it back.  So not going to miss her.  There is another one liable on the way out, she is very insolent and the bosses are getting fed up.  They can work things to keep someone or they can push you out.  You need to be on the right side of that.  One reason about the only thing I say is "Yes, ma'am" when they talk to me.  

After tonight I just have 3 short days.  I will get a ride in to work tomorrow morning (and home tonight) then the bus all the rest of the way.  I have about $52 on my bus card I may put a little more.  I also need to do up candy for the drivers.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: