Monday, May 23, 2022

FUBAR

 I slept pretty well last night.  Plan is to take my shower, do my God Time, set up my cart and head out.  I have my route planned out and my outfit selected.  It is cooler and overcast so should be easier for a Handout.  I am a little worried about my cart but I will figure that out after my shower and God Time.  

I figure I have to seek God's will before I go DO it.  If all my devotionals say "Heather stay home" I would but I doubt it.  

I am just drawn to really bad neighborhoods circling the drain as they really need Jesus.  Everyone does but I am drawn to the bad neighborhoods.  

But first I need to take a shower and shave my legs, as I plan to wear my very modest shorts today.  Getting there will be fun, too, but I'll do it.  Only real worry someone might be there but no one has been there the last several times I passed that intersection on the bus.  

Off I go to take my shower.  So I did that, then I got dressed in my shorts (modest) and oversized performance tshirt.  Put on my good shoes.  Got my cart.  And it wouldn't open.  

I fought with it for a while, my language deteriorating and the spirit of love and compassion flying away as I desperately fought NOT to hurl the damn thing through a window.  I finally gave up; it's dead.  I did, petulantly, throw it in the trash can.

Well, CRAP.  No handout for me today.  I looked at the tote bag and my "Ask Me For Free Bibles" hat and decided I would take them, maybe someone would see the hat and ask.  (They didn't).  I could always go to Timmy Chan's, right?  I had planned to go there on my way home anyway.  

The bus driver was the same one I had last week, and, like last week, he stopped at a Jamaican restaurant and got takeout.  

So I went to Timmy Chans.  It's in a parking lot with an Asian grocery.  I went to the grocery first and got some bottled iced tea.  I am profiling here: the Asians make the best bottled iced tea.  I drank a FANTASTIC bottle of Assam iced tea with lemon and sugar.  SO good.  Then I went to Timmy Chan's and it was closed.  [facepalm]  Just not my day, today.  I had a long wait for my ride home, the same driver again.  I told him I should have gotten takeout when he did, he said it was "probably too spicy" for me so I appreciated the heads up on that.  There was an autistic girl on the bus with her caregiver mother, vocalizing very loudly.  As she got off I saw the driver had given her one of "my" bags of candy I'd given him.  I thought that was cute, a lot of drivers tell me they give out "my" candy to little kids and such.  

I got off, called my aunt, chatted a little and came home.  Spotty was happy to see me and has been very cute.  I had planned to eat that food the next couple days I will have to figure that out.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: