Thursday, March 31, 2022

Was it the garlic?

 The other day I made a pork roast with coca cola, a garlic clove, and a couple whole peppercorns.  I am allergic to garlic but figured I would be OK if I didn't eat the clove.  I ate some last night.  Yesterday I began the process of cutting out the aspartame.  Today I woke up with a migraine.  Was it the garlic?  Was it the aspartame?  I had a couple of Diet Dews trying to beat this.  I had planned to take one of the pork roast portions for my dinner tonight but rethinking that now.  The meat only cost me a dollar or two.  I would rather get rid of it if it's going to cause a problem.  I need to think on this.  

If it was the garlic I had no idea I was this sensitive.  I used to love garlic.  UGH.  

Last night my parents couldn't talk.  Something else came up and by the time they finished that they didn't want to talk anymore.  Their right.  My aunt has presumably moved into her new place, I was hoping for a text but I guess she got busy.  Correction my aunt texted me, they got there OK.  Good.  It is going to be a while settling in.  I know the daughters in law are delighted to have them available for baby sitting.  

The cats are good, some of them slept with me.  Cleo in particular loves to get up on top of me in bed.  She will not get in my lap and seldom comes to me for petting, but once I lie down she is the cutest little cuddle bug.  Biscuit was quite concerned about his breakfast.  I kept getting up, trying things for the headache, and going back to bed so he was a little agitated until I fed him.  

It's been my experience, if I get a cat who has starved they are always obsessed with food, getting it, keeping it, Spotty was even food aggressive for a while.  If Cleo came near him while he was eating he would attack her.  And Spotty's a very mellow boy.  Biscuit and his brother were dumped in the woods near my house, to starve.  Cleo and Spotty were half feral, living on the streets, when they showed up at my door.  Baby Girl was dumped at our house but was only hungry for a few hours, so is less worried about all of that.  I always have plenty of food for them.  They're good cats.  

I do wonder why Baby Girl won't come in my room.  Biscuit has been going in Ron's room and sleeping on the bed, I've seen him.  He looks good up there with all the teal.  

I am really glad I took my shower last night.  I just don't feel well.  I used to have to fill out a health survey for work every day and did I have a headache?  Did I feel unwell?  Sometimes I just shook my head at all that.  We have a point system at work, we get a point for every day we call in, and double points holidays and weekends.  So when I called in back in November I got 2 points for the migraine.  And I am only allowed 5 points in a 6 month period.  Not only that if I call in tonight I lose $72.  I cannot afford to lose $72.  So I will make it work.  My one co worker stopped wearing so much perfume.  I should be OK unless I get a lot of customers who are smokers.  I can smell that a mile off.  Ugh.  

Ron had been a light smoker in the 80's (they found some junk in his lungs from that, I think) but quit and always detested smokers after that.  He had a lot to say about them.  

The Walmart employees used to come out front and smoke in front of the store, some years back, while Ron and I would be waiting on our ride.  Ron would complain bitterly, I would tell him to lay off.  'If I worked here 😂  I would be smoking CRACK!" and the employee would always laugh and move away.  And now I work there.  

I am really debating do I get rid of the garlic pork roast?  Chalk it up to getting off the aspartame?  I am pretty sure I am going to do a hamburger for dinner tonight, though.  I don't want to take a chance of another migraine.  

So that's my day so far.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do a web search on Aspartame side effects. You'll be shocked.

Anonymous said...

Depending on how much you had been drinking with the aspartame in it, sounds like withdrawal from it which can give you migraines and bad headaches. I would stick with regular non diet sods from now on. Yes it has calories but it is better for you than the artificial stuff.

Heather Knits said...

Yeah I am leaning that way. I am thinking it may have been a combination of factors but no more aspartame.