Saturday, March 26, 2022

Saturday morning

 Well I got through the long days at work.  That said a weekend day at Walmart is like dog years.  My boss did ask me to stay a little late on the weekends.  I won't go over 40 hours (laugh) if I do that.  I don't like rushing to catch that 2:10 bus anyway so I can just as easily wait 5-10 minutes for the next crew to come in.  Get some good will with the boss, too.  

I also brought what is left of my Taco Bell gift card I may hit that on my way home.  

I am exhausted but that is to be expected.  I woke up at 4 AM raring to go.  I went back to sleep.  I figured I needed the extra couple of hours.  

The cats are good, they are getting used to me feeding them at night.  That lets me sleep in a little without them bugging me.  I don't want them hungry of course so this seems best.  They are fine with it, they don't care when I feed them as long as they get their 2 cups in the bowl every day.  

Cat food will last longer now that Torbie's gone but I will need to order more cat food next week from Chewy.  That's one thing I don't want running low.  I can always find something for me to eat, God has been really generous in sending me a lot of $1 a pound meat deals, for instance.  But the cats are completely dependent on me for their food.  

They did bring me a small dirt snake today.  I guess they worry about my diet.  

So I have been thinking about the pork roast.  Plan is to cut it in half.  One half will be seasoned with pork rub and crock pot with some coca-cola and a splash of apple cider vinegar.  The other half will be seasoned with hot pepper flakes, ginger, maybe cloves, definitely cinnamon (stick) and cooked with plantain and sweet potato.  Should be nice and different.  And the meat only cost me $1 per pound so I can experiment.  

Not sure what I am doing with the drumsticks?  No idea there.  I don't want to bake them, though.  I may make a curry out of them or some chicken soup.  

I am OK with my small freezer, but if I had a bigger one I would get a couple bags of chicken leg quarters as Ron and I did a lot with them in our early days.  And all we had were a crock pot, microwave, and deep fat fryer.  We had many a meal of fried potatoes and chicken leg quarters.  And I wondered why I was gaining weight!  

I am wearing my Gloria Vanderbilt jeans.  I really like they have deep pockets and a perfect fit (18W).  They were new with tags and only cost me $3.  Sometimes I think God puts blinders on everyone but me to it, they just pass it up until I walk in and "Here are Heather's jeans".  Just a thought.  I do know God has been very fair and generous in the clothing department.  It has happened often enough I just fall over the perfect clothing item.  I have a nice closet.  

Ron was very upset I did not bring many clothes when I moved in with him, and always said he wanted me to have a big closet.  I have clothes but not an excessive amount.  I don't plan to go looking for more anytime soon as I am happy with what I have.  

It will be fun losing weight and looking in that box I have off to the side on the floor of my closet.  Smaller sizes!  Fun fun!  And I can always go back to the thrift shop when my aunt comes to town.  I am sure she will come back now and again.  Worst case I take a cab to the thrift shop and show her what I got on a Zoom call.  

I don't think it will be as crazy today at work, it is not Spring break anymore, and no one has any money left (me included).  Next week will be epic, though.  

We also have inventory coming up and all the managers are stressing about that.  Some of them could lose their jobs if it's bad, but me, as a worker bee, have nothing to worry about as long as I do my job.  I do feel bad for the managers.  

I need to go.  More later.  

No comments: