Sunday, March 13, 2022

Turkey leg (Sunday)

 Work went OK.  After work, I had my favorite Money Center employee run my gas bill so that's paid.  Then I did my shopping.  I got a shaker bottle (been meaning to, for a while), a new shower curtain liner.  

The other day I was in my bathroom and I thought "Wow my shower looks bad" and it does.  So I bought some shower cleaner and toilet bowl cleaner.  I will fix up the shower tomorrow (I already did the toilet).  It will not be white glove standards but it will be better.  I also got cat litter, some Gain (really good for washing thrift store finds), litter deodorizer, some groceries, and 2 skeins of yarn.  I plan to make an afghan for Ron's room, I have been thinking about that.  It will be a decorative throw not an actual warm thing.  I have plenty of blankets in there if someone wants to sleep, and gets cold.  Later on I got some navy velvet pillow covers for the front room.  I liked the navy covers I had before so I just got something I knew would work.  They were on sale, and fast shipping, good reviews, as well.  

I finished my shopping (forgot to get my driver his giant chocolate bar :( ) and came home, put it away.  I washed out my shaker bottle so I can use it.  

Some time ago, my Dad told me a touching story of how his mom used to make him sandwiches every Sunday night and freeze them, he would take them out of the freezer and to work, and they were delicious.  I tried that with my turkey/salami/cheese/mayo sandwiches and had horrible results.  I did find they were edible if I thawed them in the fridge.  So last night I put the last one in the fridge.  I ate that for dinner tonight and took my pills.  

I got a turkey leg!  I had been wondering what sort of treat meal I would get myself tonight because I like to get something nice, and I can generally get a "nice" meal at work for about $5.  I saw some turkey legs and picked one out.  It is smoked, fully cooked, drumstick.  So all I need to do is heat it up and gnaw it like a caveman.  I can use the bone to make beans or soup, haven't figured that out yet.  I also got a very large bag of prepared kale.  I can throw a handful into whatever I'm cooking.  Happy about that.  

I was a little creaky feeling today so I want to try getting off wheat once I eat up the loaves I have in the fridge.  I think that will help.  But there is a front moving in tonight (weather) so that would explain it.  And I'm not getting any younger.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: