Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Finally good luck with beans.

 Ron always liked my beans but I got sick of cooking them.  When I tried various recipes for myself they didn't work out and I almost always got a migraine right before I was going to eat them.  

So I made the lentils today: 

Chorizo Lentils: 4 ounces Chorizo, 1/4 cup chopped onions, 1/2 cup lentils, soaked, 1 cup water.  Saute chorizo and onions until done.  Bring water to a boil, add meat, onions, lentils and boil 20 minutes.  Add 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil.  Add 1/4 cup dry white rice, stir, and cover.  Cook at a simmer 20 minutes.  

It came out PERFECT.  Tender.  Yummy.  Delicious.  I look forward to eating the rest tomorrow.  It made 2 servings for me, if you used 8 ounces of meat and 1 cup lentils you would get 4 servings.  I would add a pinch of salt at the start.  

But it came out really well and definitely something I can do again.  

No comments: