Saturday, March 19, 2022

Saturday

 I didn't get enough sleep last night and lay in bed as the alarm went off, lamenting the fact I did not have my Diet Dew at hand.  After I got up I fixed that.  Baby Girl was very listless and I thought "Not again!" but she rallied by the time I came home from work and has been acting normally, begging for and eating treats,  etc.  

I went to work.  I have a theory hours at work on the weekend are like dog years, 1:7.  It felt like I worked a lot longer than 4 hours.  Customers were unusually surly as well.   I did find a deal.  

Now some customers, and employees, have a hair trigger when it comes to bargains, they see that yellow clearance tag and go crazy, something they wouldn't buy at regular price goes into the cart (or arms) at a frenzied pace.  I have skipped a lot of that.  I got a dress for $1 a few months ago, sweat pants for $2 a pair @ 2 pair, and today a 2 pack of bras for $7.  It was my brand and style, and size.  The colors were acceptable.  And it was about half what I would have paid normally.  So I felt it was a good deal and acted accordingly.  

I have been debating buying a bra because I do need one (but I got 2!).  I am thinking to go low carb for a while which will bring a pretty rapid weight loss.  Do I want to commit to that?  I'm not sure.  I would like to get out of this rut.  

If I do that I have to figure out good snacks I can do.  Especially with meat prices so high.  And I didn't cook much because Ron preferred prepared foods.  I can throw something in the crock pot OK.  I can fry up something in my skillet (once I figure out breading).  I can warm up something in the microwave.  But that's about it.  I did OK when we had the deli.  I had a whole repertoire: taco night, ham-bean soup, chicken soup, roast chicken with gravy (made the gravy from scratch), and spaghetti with homemade meat sauce.  I had people lining up for my meals so I think I'm a good cook or at least decent.  

So do I go strict low carb?  Just cut out wheat (I am leaning that way for now) when I use up my bread (because food is expensive I am not going to throw it out)?  I do plan to do dairy and beans.  I like beans as a protein.  I may do a little rice as well, not strict low carb.  Something moderate carb.  

What I really need to do is kick out the aspartame.  That does trigger cravings for me.  I put away all the drink mix, I can stop buying the sparkling water at work.  That will save me a lot of cash.  I will go ahead and use up my soda though.  I only have enough for a couple days.  

I don't want to be like Ron, making a dramatic show of pouring liquor down the sink just to fall off the wagon a month later.  I will be fine using it up.  It is the drink mix that is really getting me, I think.  I can use that for special occasions.  The rest of the time have water, tea, or decaf coffee.  I have plenty of all.  

So I am ready to get on track with the diet again.  I only have about 30-40 pounds to my goal.  One of my coworkers thinks my goal is too high but I have a fair amount of muscle and big bones so I feel like it is correct.  

I'm going to go poke around a little online before I come back.  

So the plan is to eat up my snacks.  Drink what soda I have.  Then, upcoming week, eliminate MSG added foods (most snacks I don't make myself) and aspartame (sparkling water and soda at work).  That will save me money and help with my overall health and weight loss.  I think that's a good thing.  

I'm tired; I'm going to bed early.  (smooches)   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could do low carb for one meal. I think cutting carbs on my evening meal would make most sense so the carbs don't just sit while I sleep.

Heather Knits said...

Well the plan is to have my big meal earlier on in the day. Like, at work on my lunch. I think that would work.

But I don't want to end up like some of the employees, ones not much older than me, obese, hobbling around. I don't want to live like that I have got to get this weight off and cut inflammation. I think it is the wheat doing it.