Monday, March 28, 2022

Monday noon

 So I went out and rode the bus to the import store.  The weather was lovely.  

I wore my new jeans.  They are a skinny cut.  Generally I am not wild about skinny cut but they make my legs look great.  So I am a fan of skinny cut now.  

I was thinking about my favorite pair of teenage jeans, they were a skinny cut black denim with a zipper on the calf, skintight.  I loved those jeans.  These remind me of them.  

So I got to the import store which is halal with all that means.  I wondered what they would think of my pork roast.  I found the spices section pretty easily.  I had lots of choices.  I found it funny they had 4 feet of shelf space just for various types of chili powder.  I got a Madras curry and a Garam Masala.  7 ounces each or 200 grams.  Then I saw the ground mustard so I got that.  

I used to make Ron honey mustard beans.  He used to love them.  They were good so why not make that with my lentils?  7 ounces of the spice were about $3.  Then I got a bag of "dry samosa" snacks.  I love Samosa.  (It was pretty good when I got home and I got a huge bag for $2.49).  Everything came to less than $11.  

I came back home.  I did the long, safe, way on the bus.  It was a nice day so I didn't mind waiting.  When I got home I tried ONE samosa.  I am about to take a nap.  If I make it to tomorrow with no headache I will try more.  But they are very flavorful.  

Speaking of flavor my pork roast smells divine.  

2 pound pork loin

1/2 sweet potato, diced.  

2T sliced ginger

3 whole cloves

2 inch stick cinnamon 

1/8 t salt dissolved in 1/2 c chicken broth.  

Put in crock pot (use cooking bag), sprinkle a pinch of red pepper flakes over meat, set on low, cook several hours.  

We will see how it turns out but it SMELLS good and that is a lot of it.  

Edit: it came out great!

I'm going to take my nap.  

No comments: