Monday, March 14, 2022

Monday night

 I really believe the rapture is imminent.  For me that's a good thing, all my worries gone, reunited with Ron, in a perfect body in Heaven.  For those left behind life is going to suck.  Ron was obsessed with rape gangs, said they would roam and prey on any woman they found.  How terrible it would be for those women.  To paraphrase Jesus "All those are the beginning of sorrows".  

I cannot say this enough, PLEASE stock up on things you may need.  Tampons.  Soap.  Reusable cloth pads if you are so inclined.  I was horrified to see the shortages of baby formula; if you're having a baby soon PLEASE consider breastfeeding.  I have a cat on a special diet, I have an obligation to ensure he keeps getting the stuff.  I am not kidding.  

I went to the stores today to see what they had and how the supply chain seemed to "feed" them.  The grocery store seemed more robust and had a good reputation even during the height of the lockdown.  But the 99 cent store did have a lot of pasta (something I didn't think to look for at the grocery store).  So I am just figuring out what works here...being as I don't drive, have to ride the bus, or pay for a ride.  If I am paying to go home from a store I want to get my money's worth.  And I feel like I will now.  If I don't get it at work which has done OK.  Except for my cat food.  I may just get that from Chewy ongoing.  I may even subscribe.  

I had a hard time getting in the shower tonight but I did.  It looks a lot better, I cleaned out the bottles of stuff I don't use.  I also pulled the curtain away from the walls as I had a mold issue leaving them there.  It should be fine now.  I was a little embarrassed to see I didn't line up the liner with the curtain very well.  I will fix it tomorrow, but it worked for tonight.  No water leakage so apparently the curtain is long enough.  

I have a very nice bar of shea butter soap I bought from Swanson.  It has proven to be very long lasting I like that.  I did buy a very nice bar of lemon soap, I have gotten this before and it's great, lasts forever and a good lather, did I mention only a dollar?  It wasn't very fragrant but I am OK with that.  I was just happy to find it as it's a favorite of mine.  Bar soap is one thing on my list I need to get... that and shampoo.  

Oh and there's the rain it sounds like.  That's good.  My bedding is almost done.  I already made the bed with some other sheets, my "ick" sheets, not very fancy, gray print, Walmart brand, not very expensive when I bought them.  These are great when I am anticipating a period.  And I ovulated today so I'm looking at a week or two.  Hard to say these days.  I'll be ready.  These days I always carry something with me; I didn't have an extra mask but I did have my supplies!  

God was good to let that driver give me a mask, that would have been a long walk home with my pine-sol.  I had a 48 ounce bottle of the stuff.  That's not counting the canister of scouring powder.  But He helped and the driver got a big dose of gratitude.  

I had been a little arrogant about people who didn't have a mask when the bus pulled up, I guess God figured it was time for some humility.  

That's it for now 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can name 7 pastors I follow who are ALL on the same page. I've been following a lot of them for years and this is different.
I wonder if my stockpile will be needed or will the suffering come only in the tribulation.

Heather Knits said...

Personal opinion we will need SOME of it before the rapture, but the way I see it the house is ready for whoever comes after the rapture. I even fixed it up nice with throw pillows and everything. I hope they like lentils!

Anonymous said...

I have 33 cans of chicken in my hoard, so many things you can do with it for 2.45 a can at Aldi. Not sure how much walmart charges.
Egg noodles are getting hard to find. I have a shelf half full of spaghetti sauce, good thing I'm no longer on Atkins.
I'm even thinking of looking for powdered milk for cooking.

Heather Knits said...

I know powdered milk works fine for cooking. I would also add the powder to regular milk for extra protein. The important thing is storing what you will eat. I don't like regular Spam so I don't have any.