Friday, March 18, 2022

Friday morning

Don't you love it when the powers that be (PTB) come in to your work area and decide they are going to "fix" it?  And it so much worse?  Yeah, I had that last night.  I will just keep working as best I can in what I have but it's not at all what I would have done if they had given me permission to "fix things up".  Some things needed improvement.  No question but that is not what I would have done.  

Do I care?  No, not at all.  I will go in and earn my $12 an hour (after taxes) and do a good job as I always do.  I took a couple of peanut butter sandwiches to work that helped me save on my bottom line.  I bought a can of chili and a package of pasta with what I saved.  I am a "with bean" kind of girl.  The store brand is very good if you can find it, good over rice or cornbread.  

Oh, cornbread.  I am glad my oven is acting up or I would be 300 pounds, eating cornbread.  The stove part works so I am happy.  

 I had a bad scare last night when I got home from work.  I saw the 3 cats but not Cleo and she always gets into bed with me.  I was laying there in bed thinking "Not again!".  But she came out from under the bed this morning.  I put a cat bed under my bed and the cats like to sleep in it sometimes.  So she's fine.  

When I was at the pet store vainly trying to find the Urinary Formula they had some Pro Plan urinary wet food for cats.  They had 2 fish flavors.  As I've said, fish gets them blocked!  But they also had a chicken flavor so I got that and fed it this morning.  They did a pretty good job on it.  I will have to see if they like it ongoing, if they do I can get a case from Chewy when I order the dry food.  It says it lowers PH and has low added magnesium.  

My first cat with FLUTD I did a lot of things wrong.  One thing I was feeding him some Ocean Fish cat food.  He kept getting blocked.  So I had Ron call the 800 number and find out the magnesium content.  They said they couldn't tell him over the phone but would mail us something.  It took weeks and when it arrived the magnesium levels were off the charts.  No wonder he kept getting sick, poor baby.  And no internet back then so I had to go to the library and read up on it.  I think they even sent us a coupon for more.  Which I didn't use of course.  I switched him over to chicken based and he was fine.  

Frosty got sick so fast there was no time to change his diet.  He was dead about 18 hours after he started exhibiting symptoms.  He was a little poorly that night and I said I would take him in the next morning.  He was sick all night and then the next morning when I got him to the vet he was in kidney failure.  Nothing they could do, I had to put him down.  

Biscuit I did everything right.  I saw him squatting in the box and immediately took him to the vet, she got him cleared and did an study, found out he had struvite crystals which are controlled through diet.  That was years ago, he hasn't gotten blocked since.  They eat the special food (all of them because I believe Spotty, being male, is also at risk) every day and like it.  I just hope I can keep getting it.  

I am somewhat depressed of course, I miss Torbie.  I am going to keep her as my profile picture for now.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: