Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Wednesday night

 I am very pleased with the state of my closet.  I have 5 pair regular daily wear jeans; 4 more in colors like white, magenta, and mauve, and a cute bootcut in black.  I have 31 good condition solid color t-shirts, and about half a dozen various dressier tops.  Plus I have a whole box full of cute clothes when I size down.  So I'm happy.  

It was really great today, everything I bought was on sale and only $3 each at that.  

I made the lentils.  They turned out really good.  I used a heaping 1/4 t salt, 1/2 cup soaked lentils, about a T of liquid smoke (really made the meal), and a half cup of chopped ham.  I used too much water, next time I would only do a cup and a half.  I cooked that until almost done and then I added 2 big handfuls of kale as my lentil cookbook assured me kale + lentils are the perfect pairing.  I cooked it down and then took it off the heat.  I had a bite of the lentil portion and it was excellent.  I will definitely fix that again.  It made 2 good servings.  

I tried the chicken, forget if I mentioned this already, the sauce tasted like burnt chicken grease even after I scooped off the fat.  I threw that out but the chicken itself was in good shape, falling apart and moist.  So I portioned out the 3 thighs.  Then I cooked some plain white rice with just a 1/4 t chicken bouillion powder.  

I made a cup dry rice, and had enough for 3 nice portions plus an extra I threw in the freezer.  So that's 5 good meals.  They were very cheap, will be very good, filling, no mystery food.  I don't know if I said but I was unhappy one of the McDonald's workers had a ponytail hanging down and no hair net.  That is a violation of health laws.  And she walked right past the manager, who said nothing.  Some things, like dress code, you can let an employee slide.  You cannot let an employee slide on health and safety laws.  I sure don't want one of those long hairs in my hamburger!  

And when we had the deli I always wore a hair net.  I'm no hypocrite.  Of course I had a man at the time and wasn't looking to impress anyone.  Not to mention 4 meals at McD will cost me $21.  I can buy a lot of "ingredients" for that.  

So I got the new clothes washed and put up; I finished all the meal prep.  I only need to wash the bean pot and I am done.  

About the only notable thing, I did up the driver candy for tomorrow.  I had my little brass lamp on the table top, no shade (getting around to buying that) and Biscuit got up and pressed his side against the lit bulb!  And it is a regular one!  I quickly turned it off and he had no idea he almost burned himself.  Just goes to show I can only have that light on when I am next to it.  

My cycle has been pretty heavy today but manageable.  I will take some ibuprofen tomorrow to help slow it down at work.  That does work for me.  Just a regular 400 mg dose.  I am hoping I can get most of it over with today/tonight and then not much at work the next couple days.  

I already set out my looser fit black jeans with the good pockets so I can stuff some tampons in there.  Some of my jeans I can only carry a compact tampon, and I do have a few, but I like having certain jeans for the cycle.  

Oh, and last week I got a pair of white jeans.  So school me on that.  I assume I only wear them in the summer?  I know they will make me look fatter and OK with that, only wear when I know I'm not going to bleed...etc.  I really am delighted with my clothing finds today they are all very cute and a nice variety.  I have black, gray, white, dark blue, mauve, and magenta jeans in my current size (18/20).  I don't think I've ever had so many.  God is taking good care of me.  

I used some of the love offering to get the jeans.  I still have about $20 left!  

No comments: