Saturday, March 26, 2022

Saturday

I didn't get much sleep as expected.  I also woke up at 4 AM raring to go.  I went back to sleep and got up at 6-7 AM somewhere in there.  

I went to work, picked up a sweet potato before I started, did my worker bee thing.   I went out the bus stop and the homeless guy with the "give" sign was out there.  

I don't think he is actually homeless, he was very clean, clean hair, clean, new clothes, etc.  He was wearing Wranglers as well which are $40 as opposed to some of our $10 men's jeans.  So he is not broke, nor homeless.  He was very determined to make some money.  

I was sitting on the bus bench with my bag, wearing my civilian outfit with my vest put away.  A carload of women pulled up.  They gave him food and money, tried to give me food and money.  I said "I am OK I actually work at the Walmart".  He scoffed.  

I guess he doesn't like Worker Bees.  On further reflection, and on talking to my aunt, I have decided to wear my work vest riding from that bus stop to the house.  It will prevent assumptions I am homeless by passers by and more importantly the bus driver.  Bus drivers don't want to pick up homeless people.  So on my way home from now on I will wear my vest.  I can take it off on the first bus and put it away.  It's a long ride, that first bus, so plenty of time to do that.  

I got to the transit center and boarded my next bus.  The bus driver said "You always take good care of me" which I thought was a very sweet thing.  I got off at the grocery store.  

I wanted ginger root, the actual tuber..and my store did not have that, or cinnamon sticks.  So I went in and got both, a head of garlic (yes I am allergic but I think I can throw a clove in the crock pot), some pasta, and a nice amount of uncured cooked ham.  I talked to my aunt for a while.  

My phone was doing bizarre things like dialing my boss and trying to add contacts while I spoke with her.  I need to fix that.  Maybe I need a Bluetooth.  I have a lot of problems if I move around when I am on the phone.  Other than that it is a good phone.  I may look for a bluetooth.  

I went out, waited on the bus.  Not happy with myself because I had forgotten to bring my reusable tote bags and had the cheap store bags on my arm.  But I got home OK, another nice bus driver.  Kind of a long walk from the bus stop and I did not get a lot of very heavy stuff.  

Sometime next week I need to go to the import store and get some garam masala but I think I am done for now on groceries.  

No comments: