Tuesday, March 1, 2022

I make an ass out of myself

 I will start with me making an ASS out of myself this morning.  I told #2 they could park in front of the house, on the street.  Did not think to tell them please don't block my driveway.  But they haven't, until today.  

A white sedan has been out in front of the house the last few days.  Today a charger or something like that parked, blocking my driveway (grr!) just sitting there talking on the phone.  I went out there and told him to move, but he wouldn't roll a window down.  😂  He also laughed at me.  I could literally feel God telling me to go back in the house, so I did.  

Then he opens up the trunk and I'm thinking DRUG DEALER.  Oh boy I really put my foot in it.  And he pulls out jumper cables and opens the hood on the white sedan.  Now I really feel stupid, he is helping out a friend.  

I woke up 1x last night but went back to sleep, and woke up depressed.  I took my pills and did my God Time.  I felt better by the time I finished but still not great.  

So #2 is still blocking my driveway and #6 is STILL working on his covered patio with power tools.  It looks fine I don't know what he is doing.  It is possible he may be turning it into a room addition on the house, I hope not.  That's going to raise a red flag for him with the HOA.  But it's not my problem.  

I have thought, in the past, if we reached the point of no return with #6 I would snitch on him to the building inspector and the HOA as he has done many illegal modifications like adding extra windows (against fire code), adding two bedrooms in his garage, etc.  

But all that said my aunt told me recently her childhood home had a garage to room modification.  So I guess I can't be haughty that's where my Dad grew up.  

Pride... God is working on me with my pride.  That and gossip.  

I never did cook those lentils from a couple weeks ago so I got rid of them and started soaking a new batch.  I will cook them, with a potato in it (for some reason that sounds really good), not sure of what spices.  I may just do salt and pepper, may use a little of my seasoning bacon.  

I had dust on my sauce pan that is how long it's been.  

That's it for now.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you stress over little petty things? Not good for you. The street in front of your house is not yours, it's a public street anyone can park there. You can't give permission. LOL Of course parking in front of your driveway is a no-no. Here you can't even park in front of your own driveway.

I know the noise from construction is annoying but it's an everyday thing in my neighborhood. Housing is so expensive people aren't moving just adding stories to their homes. I can't blame them I just deal with it.

People on Nextdoor complain about airplane and train noise. Someone even complained there were no street lights in Woodside. People move there to get away from noise and lights, she didn't live there. I just want to shout at least you don't have bombs hitting your house!

Heather Knits said...

Woodside...LOL

We actually put a Ron portion up at Huddart Park if you know it...my parents thought it was gorgeous and, in far better days, Ron loved hiking there.

I don't care who parks in the street but I do like my driveway clear. #6 is just taking their sweet time on this project, I hope he is not paying them by the hour.

Speaking of contract work I think my guy will be coming next week. The week after, I believe, I have 3 days off.

Anonymous said...

Huddart Park is great glad Ron enjoyed it there. I would love to live in Woodside but you have to be very rich. La Honda used to be a cheap place to live, but no more, it's still fun to visit.