Tuesday, March 1, 2022

I am incapable of making a small pot of beans

 I soaked 1 cup of lentils.  One.  Why have they grown to fill my entire saucepan?  I don't know.  But it always happens.  So I put a little diced potato, a 1/4 cup rice, and some Cajun seasoning blend in there we will see what I get.  

Lentils are cheap, nutritious, and filling.  I feel kind of bad about eating meat sometimes because it was not raised humanely.  But I can't afford conventional meat much less humanely raised.  So I don't mind a "plant" dish now and then.  The fiber won't hurt, either.  

I will still eat the occasional budget cut of meat, though.  

I envision taking the lentils to work in a little dish.  I have some nice ones for leftovers.  I actually used one of them to carry Ron's ashes to Galveston (a portion of the ashes), then we disposed of that container.  But it worked so well I got more for food.  

 So I finished cooking them.  I got 50 ounces cooked.  Years ago Ron took me to a restaurant supply store and I bought some ladles with portions.  So I used the 5 ounce, 10 times.  I filled up 5 containers and added some shredded cheese.  That plus my PB&J"s (I made four) will cover a few lunches, I also want to make up some cold cuts.  I would rather have more food than I need.  

Also I suspect my mood will plummet as I get close to March 6, the day Ron died, the first one at any rate.  So I want to go easy on myself.  

Spotty has been particularly adorable.  Not a new photo: 


He has been very cuddly.  Sleeping with me, sitting nearby.  I think God told him I needed some TLC.  He's a good boy.  

I was OK with him being a little distant but delighted he wants to be more cuddly.  He is a very good boy.  

Sigh... tomorrow I work... but 6 hours, 5 because I have to take a lunch.  I really prefer a 4 hour day because I get paid the whole time.  Oh, well.  It will keep me busy.  

I have arranged a ride home as I get off pretty late.  That's it for now.  

Oh, and I should get paid.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spotty is so adorable

Heather Knits said...

He is! He was right on the edge of feral when he came to me so I spent a lot of time warming them up (Cleo is his sister).