Monday, March 7, 2022

Monday, but really my Friday night

 I slept OK, no headache.  Got to work early and had a walk through the ladies' apparel section.  Prices are WAY up.  If you were thinking about buying clothes I would get them now!  

I am OK but will be going through my closet and making sure I'm using all my clothes that fit.  Probably do that tomorrow.  

And, oh, how fun.  After my shower I was running late so I threw on a bathrobe without putting on my deodorant, I said I will put it on when I hang up my bathrobe.  And I'm sitting in the breakroom at work and I realize my armpits feel funny...yup I forgot!  Too late to do anything about it!  

I didn't sweat today which is good, and I didn't stink which is even better.  I helped a lot of customers.  The work app lets me scan merchandise and tell people the cost.  I used that several times.  Plus taking people to various locations in the store.  I think it is better to take the person to the item than grunt and point, you know?  

So got done with work and did my other shopping.  I got some cat litter, some pantry staples, a little bit of soda, and some other foods.  I found myself standing next to a black man staring at the frozen vegetables.  "Where?" I lamented "Are the good mixed vegetables with the lima beans in them?"  He said the lima beans were further down.  I explained I wanted the "old" blend, with the peas, carrots, corn, and lima bean "But I'm probably the only person who actually liked that".  He laughed and agreed he hadn't seen that in a while.  I was also looking for the quinoa - they used to have it cooked in a microwavable bag you just nuked it and opened it to eat.  It made a really good, healthy, meal.  But I didn't see it and I searched all the frozen foods.  I did get a meat lover breakfast bowl, store brand, 2 meats, eggs, cheese and potatoes for $2.24.  That will make a good meal.  They are kind of large (at least by my standard) and can't really fit more than one in my freezer at present (but I am OK with that).  But they are good, Ron used to love them.  I like to add additional cheese to the bowl.  I always have a bag of shredded cheese in my fridge.  

So I got in line, paid, "Jose" called and said he was sorry but "He wasn't rushing me but..." and I told him "I'm walking out right now!"  So that worked out very well.  He had to go sort out the title to his cab.  That worked out great.  He always likes the giant chocolate bar I try to get him one every time.  I like giving little gifts.  

My aunt bought me a really cute t-shirt dress yesterday in teal.  I like it a lot and it has a pocket.  It's in the wash right now with a week's worth of laundry.  

I came home and had some quality time with Biscuit.  He slept with me last night, got in my lap this morning, got in my lap when I came home, took a nap with me, and got in my lap again.  I had been silently complaining to God the other day it's hard for me to adjust to a lack of physical touch.  Ron and I were very affectionate, we didn't do PDA's, he couldn't abide that, but we were always hugging, holding his hand for a minute, patting his arm (about the only place I could pet him with the neuropathy).  That has been a hard adjustment.  But the cats are doing a good job of filling in the hole.  Biscuit in particular.  

Don't tell them but I bought them 4 cans of their favorite wet food.  I give that as a RARE treat as Biscuit is on a special diet.  They like Turkey and Giblet shreds by Friskies.  Happily that seems to be a core item in the cat food aisle.  It has gotten a lot more expensive though.  

I took my auger out of the box.  It was unwound so I wound it back up and put it in the garage.  It doesn't look hard to operate.  I think physical strength and holding it at the angle will be the hard parts but how much is a plumber?  A lot.  Although that could be my next husband 😂.  

I put the box at the curb which actually contradicts something Ron and I said you should never do, put a big box out at the curb "I bought a big expensive thing" it screams, but I don't want to break it down.  I am battling some depression.  

Although my handyman texted he is coming Wednesday so that will be ALL DONE and then I can finally arrange Ron's room.  Free up the poor orange room from the bed, frame, and bags of bedding.  

I put the week's clothes, and my work vest, in the washer with some Tide and some laundry sanitizer.  It's on soak right now so that will kill all the ickies and then a regular wash cycle, hang up the bra, work vest, compression socks.  Everything else in the dryer and then done another week.  

Every time I think about washing my sheets I find at least one cat in my bed.  I don't want to evict them.  The bed seems fine, it doesn't reek or have stains, so I think it's fine for a while.  

I was overrun in recycles...I put both cans in the back because #2 kept using my trash can.  I understand you have several people in the house but you need to buy another can, not use mine.  So I hid it in my backyard.  But that means I have to go outside and around to take out the recycles.  I have the trash can right outside Ron's room so I can just toss my trash out the window.  Both cans won't fit by the window.  But it is worth the inconvenience.  So now the house looks better, I will do some cleaning tomorrow as well.  I got all my toilet backup stuff out in the garage, the auger, both plungers (I had them but the throat on my toilet doesn't work with them), and the bucket I used as a toilet.  I also bought store brand cat litter to use in a pinch if the need arises.  

Hopefully I am done with the toilet for a while now.  I did find a gift in the bathroom, though, a live dirt snake.  Spotty caught it and brought it in, I caught it and put it back out.  Spotty wanted me to enjoy the thrill of the hunt and a fresh, live, dinner.  No thanks.  I had some cream puff things left from the panderia.  

I had bought some panino at work, it was prosciutto wrapped around mozzarella.  I love prosciutto.  But it isn't cheap so I use it as a rare treat.  That, I had, after work today, so I was OK with a cream puff for dinner.  

I had a pretty good nap with Biscuit.  My guy is coming out Wednesday to finish the work.  I am looking forward to that.  

If I feel OK tomorrow I will be cleaning and doing some cooking as well.  Not a whole lot but some.  I think I will make curried lentils.  Except this time I will only start with a half cup dry.  I can watch my fireman tv show too.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: