Sunday, March 6, 2022

March 6

 I slept OK.  I had some energy when I first woke up but I kept hitting the snooze, a mistake which led to a lot of grogginess when I did haul myself out of bed.  Then I had to rush getting ready.  

Got to work.  There are 3 things I use in my job and all of them are not working in some way.  So I did the part of my job I could do.  Did that for 4 hours.  My aunt texted me they were at the store; I clocked out and found her.  

She said we could do my shopping today if I wanted so I did that.  I bought the plastic chair, which almost did not fit in the car.  I also got a skein of yarn to make a new cell phone holder as my old one is getting a little ratty.  So I have 2 nice skeins now in variations of turquoise and cobalt...sound familiar?  So I can use the leftovers in an afghan.  Anyway I will get started on the phone holder tomorrow and then finish it up on my days off.  I will make 2 or maybe one, with both yarns.  

I was able to score a bag of cat food so my guys are good for another week, bought a giant thing of dish soap but did a POOR job sacking it and it leaked.  It is entirely my fault because I'm the one who bagged it.  Happily not a bad leak, happily NOT all over my aunt's car, happily on the outside of my jelly jar so I could just rinse it off.  But agh.  Only about 2 teaspoons so it really could have been much, much, worse.  But I need to figure out how to keep that from happening again.  

Anyway I got the chair in the orange room and it looks great.  My uncle liked what I had done with Ron's room.  We went out to lunch?  2 PM?  Anyway we had a good meal and talked, ran a few more errands (more lemon pies).  They came back to the house.  

All the cats love my uncle and Biscuit even came out and let himself be petted, which is huge.  I also spotted Spotty and Cleo after they left so they had been around, too, just not front and center.  My aunt is not a fan of cats.  Doesn't hate them but a little leery.  So the cats were thrilled to have a cat lover in the house.  They were so good I gave them a can of wet food after my aunt and uncle left.  

I have been mostly OK by myself, I find myself very fatigued so I will likely go to bed early.  I bought some fancy cinnamon bread and recently found a toaster buried in the back of a cabinet, so I can toast that and put some peanut butter on it in the morning.  But for tomorrow I have the cream puff things I buy at the panderia when I am out with my aunt.  

My Dad called and we talked a little.  And he means well but something he said came off a little judgmental.  I had mentioned I had pretty much nailed down all my major shopping trips without my aunt.  And I have.  

He then said something about "You had a year to figure this out.." I know he didn't MEAN to sound like that but it didn't come off nice.  It's not like I knew my aunt would move...I have only known for about 6 weeks.  I am doing my best...but I do have a cab driver buddy to help.  I will just have to pay for the ride, but overall I will probably spend less money because I won't be going out as many places, either.  And I can get pretty much anything at work, or from Amazon.  

That's it for now.   

No comments: