Sunday, March 20, 2022

Sunday

 It was an odd day.  Wrenched from sleep at 1 AM with food poisoning like symptoms (still not sure what I had), wracking abdominal pain and nausea.  Biscuit got on me in bed and gave me a nice belly massage which helped a lot (so I wasn't worried I needed to go to ER).  He's a good boy, very loving.  I got up and stayed up until 4 AM.  I slept in as late as possible and skipped my shower (but my hair looked OK).  I had already arranged a ride to work and so happy to see that.  I felt like my guts had been tied in knots and I didn't want to take a chance of an accident on the bus.  

It's like the dead cat issue, I mentioned that to my 2 guys as a hypothetical "So of course I didn't call you because you don't want a dead cat in your car" and they agreed.  I don't know what I would do if I had a problem like that.  I probably should have worn what Ron referred to as "A Companion".  I have some in my size.  I will remember next time.  

Anyway got to work OK and clocked in.  I had problems and had to consult another department for help, but it took him 2 hours to get to me so I was limited in what I could do in the meantime.  I did make myself useful, though.  It was only a 4 hour day so not bad.  

[I still feel like my guts were tied in knots]

I had zero appetite.  I had a bathroom emergency as I left but made it.  I was glad I was right next to the bathroom.  But it meant I missed the bus.  I got outside, it was pretty.  

I decided to take my watch off as it would only bring me stress.  I missed my first bus because I had to use the bathroom.  The second one was late.  I missed my connecting bus and had to wait on the next one.  I got home two and a half hours after I left work.  Glad I had taken off the watch!  But I made it and it was a nice day.  

I was exhausted, I have not had a good night of sleep in about a week now.  I hope my symptoms are OK tonight and I can get some rest.  

Tomorrow it's going to rain so I arranged a ride to and from work.  After work I will do my shopping for the week.  The cats are good, they were very cuddly and Baby Girl met me at the door when I got home.  The other cats aren't always good about that.  Not that it's a requirement but it is nice to see a feline face when I get home.  

I am making some rice pilaf for dinner.  I had some pork chops I had to cook today.  I did get them cooked and they look good.  I ate a little bit of crackling out of the pan that was always my favorite part about pork chops.  It tasted good; I used a little Creole seasoning mixed in with the flour.  I went old school some time back and repurposed a standard sized tin can as my grease can, when I was done I poured the grease off into the can and put it in the fridge.  When it is full I will tie it up in a plastic bag and toss it.  I'm not pouring that down my drain, no way.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: