Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Tuesday night

 I talked to my aunt, talked to my parents.  

I have to give a little backstory on the electric company.  Ron would pay by phone but as his mind went so did his recollection of numbers.  And he was always so proud he could memorize strings of numbers, one time he memorized my debit card number hearing me recite it once.  So he had an error in the payment which the company said was "insufficient funds" and we had to make a payment at a payment center.  They would not let Ron do the phone payment anymore.  So I would go to the payment center every month on my Walmart trip and make the payment.  You may remember this.  

Like I said, God, and Ron, taught me to live more and more on my own.  So that all went well but last year they restructured the company and gave everyone a new account number.  And Walmart cannot "even" deal with it.  I have tried many times, with the best representatives they have, and no joy.  So I was making internet payments, one time payments, one a month, without setting up an account.  

Then the statements stopped coming?  Is it a mail screw up?  I don't know.  Last month my aunt tried to make an internet payment for me and it wouldn't let her.  So she made a payment over the phone.  Then they sent me auto pay papers which neither of us wanted.  

Normally the bill comes on the 7th or thereabouts.  Nothing yet.  So I decided to log into the website and attempt a payment anyway, and it worked very smoothly on the first try.  I owed $53 which is not bad, I paid $60 because I like to pay an even amount, a little over, if possible.  They were happy to get it.  So that is handled.  I was very happy about that.  

I did a little work on the front room primping the couch and making it look good.  I really like the orange falsa blanket on the couch with the blue pillows.  I have really discovered a love for very bright colors.  

I put the lentils in the fridge.  They are still soaking and then I can cook them tomorrow.  No you don't need to soak lentils, but I find they go faster as I rotate my inventory and the ones currently in stock are pretty old.  Tomorrow I cook them with some chorizo sausage I will brown first.  

The cats are good.  Torbie really likes Ron's bed (it is not his actual mattress but the same frame) which is fine I want her cozy.  Oh let me get a photo.  I will be adding additional "square" pillows.  



I have the bed set up mattress pad, fitted sheet, blanket, cotton bedspread (will be the top layer in summer), sherpa blanket (opposite side of teal plush is a sherpa lining).  I took a nap on it today as my bed was full of cats 



Here it is with just the bedspread: 



It was very comfortable.  My aunt had kind of implied it was a little rough but I find it fine.  Of course I had cats join me after that.  I am waiting on some pillow covers, once I get those set up I think it will look fine.  

And it is nice to have the option to sleep in another bed if mine is full of cats.  I hate to move them.  I got a little depressed but I reminded myself it is not a sick room anymore; Ron is in his new body and wouldn't come back if he could.  My job is to trust God to provide and make intelligent, Biblical, decisions.  I can do that.  

So I decided to take a shower so I don't have to worry about it in the morning.  I am just waiting for my hair to dry before I go to bed.  I did that and shaved my legs, which had grown out enough they were very itchy.  Glad that is over with; also it will be pretty cold Thursday and Friday morning and I probably don't want to go out in that with wet hair in the morning.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: