Monday, March 28, 2022

Hopefully I am becoming a better person and not just a doormat

 So I have had some real characters next door.  The hoarder with the barkappotamous, who brought the rat infestation probably being the worst.  SO happy to see HIM go.  

The current batch comprise the owner's 20 something daughter and some friends/roommates and maybe a boyfriend or two in the mix.  One of the first things they did was install security lighting so bright I no longer need to worry about my own home.  

Overall they have their benefits: quiet, quiet, quiet.  You would never guess you have a "passel" of people living there.  Except for the cars everywhere.  They were respectful about not parking in front of the house "much" before Ron died.  After he died I grabbed one of them and said it was OK to park in front of my house now.  So they do, which is fine, because it always looks like I'm home.  

They are quiet and don't bitch about the cats.  I have seen them with the cats, the cats go on their property sometimes.  One is cat friendly and talks to them, the rest just ignore the cats.  So they are not hostile to my babies, that is also huge.  

But there are so many of them they fill up their trash can halfway through the week.  Then they start tossing the surplus in my can, which is usually pretty empty as there's only me now.  I find that upsetting.  

I complained about this a few weeks ago.  And there is always going to be some neighbor thing I accept that.  One week I put my can in my backyard and they couldn't do that, but it was a big hassle for me, especially as it rained a lot that week and I have to go around the side.  

My backdoor is not really available for a couple reasons.  I can get out in an emergency but I have the cat door panel up there and it is not airtight, so I stuffed the cracks.  If I open the back door I lose all that so I don't open the door.  So it was a BIG hassle and not something I want to repeat.  

So I have decided, for now, I will let them do it.  Trash comes on Wednesday so it's only 2 days.  Even throwing away my expired cup of noodles today, I still have plenty of room.  They ARE quiet.  They DON'T hate the cats.  That is huge in my book and worth a little bending over.  


No comments: