Friday, March 25, 2022

Friday morning

 Work was OK.  I helped make order out of chaos.  I had a hard time at home getting started but was OK by the time I clocked in.  It went pretty fast considering.  

I had brought my lentils to eat before I started.  I found some of them weren't cooked to my taste so that was a bummer, they were also a little runny, and OK but I need to tweak it.  For dinner I had the chicken that didn't work out (the tomato sauce one where I tossed the sauce).  The chicken itself was alright considering how bad the sauce had been, but not as filling as I would have liked and not enough salt!  But it filled me up reasonably well so I have some work to do.  

I have also found aspartame makes me hungry so that will have to go.  If I'm always hungry I'm going to want to eat and then I will never lose weight.  And I am on a budget so I need to eat less.  

No, it's not terrible but I will have to be very careful with my spending.  Tonight I need a meal that will work so I plan to do McDonald's.  I don't need big meals on the weekend as I only work 4 hours.  

I am more depressed than I would have liked, over Torbie.  But I knew she was old when I got her, I just didn't think it would be so hard to lose her.  Of course it doesn't help I lost Ron first.  I am just praying the other cats stay healthy.  Baby Girl has been begging for treats which I find encouraging.  

I found out something interesting.  I have begun feeding the cats at night so I can sleep in on my day off.  They still cuddle with me in bed, in the morning (the Big 3, Cleo, Spotty, Biscuit).  I call them collectively the Fantastic 4 now.  I do need the attention because I don't get any physical affection from other people.  

I can see why a lot of widows remarry right away; you miss being married, the companionship, someone to look out for you and someone for you to nurture.  But this is why I gave myself 5 years, time to adjust so I don't run out and make a bad decision right away.  If God has someone for me He is working on that guy, too, as He works on me.  I wouldn't want to rush that.  

It looks like nice weather with a jacket (they always run the air conditioner on the bus and it's always freezing).  So I will get going on that.  I have to get dressed and ready.  

I am still bringing a soda from home to save me the $2 at work.  $2 a day, sometimes more than once, adds up quick.  

No comments: