Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Nix on the aspartame

 I was doing OK when I got up but pretty depressed after a couple Diet Dews.  I did some research, a Dr Yee (or Hee) had several articles on NCBI (legit site) talking about aspartame being bad for brain function.  He wasn't selling anything.  And that got me thinking I am willing to give up aspartame if it means I have better mood, and appetite, control.  So I threw out all the drink mix.  

I only have the six pack of diet dew which I will drink one bottle before work, at work, to save on the vending machine and checkout stand.  We will see how that goes.  But I just decided "I'm not going to drink all this up, I'm just going to toss it" and I did so.  

So it will be water, tea, or coffee.  I should probably get out my detox tea to help with the process.  I expect to lose some weight out of this.  I still plan to keep my caffeine down to about 200 mg a day max.  I used to throw that out the window when I would go out with my aunt but now I don't have her around.  So I can regulate better.  

That's how I'm choosing to view this.  

So hopefully my mood will improve, my appetite better controlled, and maybe even some weight loss.  We will see; I've been talking about this for a while.  I drank lots of water growing up I was just fine.  If I do lose weight I have smaller sizes so I don't have to rush out.  

I am still waiting on the new glasses.  I will take a cab to go get them most likely.  He can run the meter while I get them fitted and then ran back.  Or my aunt said maybe a friend of hers can help.  We'll see.  

The trash pickup came and took away the garbage, waiting on the recycles.  The rain front came through and it was interesting.  We get these weather fronts with a burst of severe weather (which is what got the neighbor's tree that almost fell on my house a few years back), and then lovely weather the rest of the day.  That's what we have now.  

So I am drinking a glass of water and going to see how that goes.  I am guessing I am probably physically addicted to the aspartame and there will be a weaning period.  If I'd been smart I would have done all this Sunday and had 3 days but too late now.  

Oh, and I found the fragrant blanket and got it in the washer with a couple of Tide PODS and some baking soda.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diet anything gives me bad dreams.